The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Doctor.
Yeah :smile:

What going on with you then? Medicine? :sexface:

Which uni?! :smile:

Liverpool for Medicine, conditional on getting an A in Chemistry.
Original post by areyousure?
Liverpool for Medicine, conditional on getting an A in Chemistry.

Aw that's awesome, well done!!! :h: I'm sure you'll get that :biggrin:. We're in the same city :ahee:
Original post by daj198
I'm going to work as an HCA and apply AGAIN (3rd time). I think they're going to start expecting my application every year...

If this doesn't work, I'll do another degree first.

You have a hell of a lot of reeilience and emotional strength. Kudos to you! :smile: What's your story? Are you taking a second gap year? What were your grades like before and after resitting?

My head is all over the place at the moment can't decide what I want to do but eventually I want it to be medicine. Just out of curiousity, if you submitted another UCAS application who would write your referee's statement? This is the biggest thing that's putting me off another gap year because I wouldn't know what to do for that section of my application :/
Original post by Doctor.
Aw that's awesome, well done!!! :h: I'm sure you'll get that :biggrin:. We're in the same city :ahee:

Hopefully!! Yes we are! We'll meet for coffee !!!
Reply 1324
Got AAB, so any advice?? thanks :smile:
Reply 1325
Original post by the_alybot
You have a hell of a lot of reeilience and emotional strength. Kudos to you! :smile: What's your story? Are you taking a second gap year? What were your grades like before and after resitting?

My head is all over the place at the moment can't decide what I want to do but eventually I want it to be medicine. Just out of curiousity, if you submitted another UCAS application who would write your referee's statement? This is the biggest thing that's putting me off another gap year because I wouldn't know what to do for that section of my application :/

Sorry, just realised that I never replied to you- sorry!

I got ABC on first sitting in Bio, Chem and Phys respectively. Resat to get AAA. The whole application process is very emotionally draining, but I'm not the quitting type (I'm really quite stubborn). I'm also very fortunate to have an amazing family that supports any of my crazy decisions. :-) I hope things go well for you.
Reply 1326
Original post by 1234girl
Got AAB, so any advice?? thanks :smile:

Sorry to hear that. Was the B close to an A? Firstly, I would recommend getting it remarked- some medical schools will ask why you didn't get it remarked if you didn't get the grades first time.

You've only slipped the grade in one subject, so if you resit that subject, you could apply to Soton, UEA, Lancaster, BSMS, Liverpool, Exeter and Plymouth. Plenty of options out there...
Reply 1327
Original post by daj198
Sorry to hear that. Was the B close to an A? Firstly, I would recommend getting it remarked- some medical schools will ask why you didn't get it remarked if you didn't get the grades first time.

You've only slipped the grade in one subject, so if you resit that subject, you could apply to Soton, UEA, Lancaster, BSMS, Liverpool, Exeter and Plymouth. Plenty of options out there...

Yes it was - i got a's in two of the modules and a d in the other :s Okay i will definitely do that, but its maths?

Okay, thanks, is there anywhere that has a weird admissions policy, ie. i know soton dont interview which is a bit risky? And whats your story btw?
Which medical schools will accept me with ABB this year? The only one I've found so far is East Anglia? Any help would be very much appreciated from anyone on this thread, I really want to hold on to some hope!
Reply 1329
Original post by joker12345
Which medical schools will accept me with ABB this year? The only one I've found so far is East Anglia? Any help would be very much appreciated from anyone on this thread, I really want to hold on to some hope!

Liverpool and Lancaster require CCC to be achieved at first sitting.
Original post by myyrh
Liverpool and Lancaster require CCC to be achieved at first sitting.

Without extenuating circs?
Reply 1331
Without extenuating circs?

Yes.
Reply 1332
How did those retaking in June do? Hope you met your offers..,

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1333
Lets get this thread more active ha - im resitting with AAB, anyone else doing that?
Reply 1334
Original post by Aysha92
How did those retaking in June do? Hope you met your offers..,

Hey Aysha92 I managed to get in :biggrin:
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd announce myself as one of the re-sit medicine applicants! I messed up my as levels last year (terrible year and badly advised on results day) so I decided to re-sit 2 as levels altogether and continue with my other subjects. Read through a lot of this topic today and it's made me feel a hell of a lot better, lots of advice and people proving that it can be done, despite what my sixth form says. My mums also pretty pleased now I've stopped being dramatic, acting like it's the end of the world because I didn't apply to medicine the traditional way.
I'm planning on applying to Liverpool and Lancaster and shall be avoiding the ukcat like the plague!
What is everyone else planning?
Original post by asphodel77
Hey everyone!

Just thought I'd announce myself as one of the re-sit medicine applicants! I messed up my as levels last year (terrible year and badly advised on results day) so I decided to re-sit 2 as levels altogether and continue with my other subjects. Read through a lot of this topic today and it's made me feel a hell of a lot better, lots of advice and people proving that it can be done, despite what my sixth form says. My mums also pretty pleased now I've stopped being dramatic, acting like it's the end of the world because I didn't apply to medicine the traditional way.
I'm planning on applying to Liverpool and Lancaster and shall be avoiding the ukcat like the plague!
What is everyone else planning?

Do the ukcat because what if you dont get into them unis? You need a backup plan.

Reply 1337
Original post by myyrh
Hey Aysha92 I managed to get in :biggrin:

Congratulation! I knew you could do it

Original post by Aysha92
-

You're one of few resit candidates of ABB first time that succeded (well done!), I was just wondering what your wrote about it in your PS and whether you got asked about it for interview? Thank you for giving me hope again![/
Reply 1339
You're one of few resit candidates of ABB first time that succeded (well done!), I was just wondering what your wrote about it in your PS and whether you got asked about it for interview? Thank you for giving me hope again![/

I was AAB. Sorry I can't help much.

(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending