Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Medicine Resit Applicants' Success Stories?

Announcements Posted on
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuckface)
    Hi thanks for your reply I think I will apply for resit unis because although my mum had a slight depression, it only caused anxiety and neglect, which shouldn't really have affected my grades.
    Thank you for sharing your story, I'm sure it will be a lot of help to others as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Anxiety and neglect will certainly be accepted as mitigating. Did you ever see a GP for it?
    And do you have 4 unis you can apply to right now?
    It's okay, I hope so
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joker12345)
    Anxiety and neglect will certainly be accepted as mitigating. Did you ever see a GP for it?
    And do you have 4 unis you can apply to right now?
    It's okay, I hope so
    No I never went to see a GP about it as I would get over it quickly since I understood my mum's difficulties, but my mum did go to see a GP for it. She's all better now though

I am going to apply to Keele, Liverpool and Plymouth for medicine, leaving the other two for other courses.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuckface)
    No I never went to see a GP about it as I would get over it quickly since I understood my mum's difficulties, but my mum did go to see a GP for it. She's all better now though

I am going to apply to Keele, Liverpool and Plymouth for medicine, leaving the other two for other courses.
    Are you sure about that? Medicine is competitive enough in the first place and reducing the number of places, ie reducing your chances just seems counter-intuitive. 60% of applicants get 4 rejections, as a resitter your chances are likely already lower, so do you really want to only apply to 3/
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately, i achieved ABC in my A Levels and so am planning on resitting. I have 5A* and 6A at GCSE and 732.5 average on my UKCat.
    i am planning on applying to liverpool and exeter and was wondering how likely i am to be considered and get an interview? thanks (:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I had my A2 Chemistry remarked and was told although I gained 6 marks It didn't change from an A to an A*, apparently I only need one more point to get it to an A*.

Is there anything else I can do or is that it, money wasted for 6 extra marks?

Thanks for your help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haidaralinasir)
    unfortunately, i achieved ABC in my A Levels and so am planning on resitting. I have 5A* and 6A at GCSE and 732.5 average on my UKCat.
    i am planning on applying to liverpool and exeter and was wondering how likely i am to be considered and get an interview? thanks (:
    I called lpool and exeter. They dont mind resitters but lpool did say that i must be predicted AAA and i need to mention why i ubderachieved and my school needs to back that up. So did lancaster. Worth looking into uea as well.

Congratz on ukcat tho. Which books or online question bank did use to prep for it?

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haidaralinasir)
    ME TOO! But I haven't done the UKCAT yet and I have different GCSE grades and I also have a D at A2 Maths :'(

Does Liverpool need the UKCAT? I know Exeter does. Where else are you applying?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi I wondered if anyone could give me some honest advice, so I applied last year and ended getting 4 rejections. I have 5A* and 3As at GCSE and 5As at AS. Average a score of 690 on my ukcat, have a wide range of extra curricular and work experience and had a decent PS.

I had health issues this past year, missed a lot of school and struggled with revision. I have mitigating circumstances with proof from my GP and School. I ended up getting BBB. I understand that there's a few unis that allow resits. I want to know what my chances are for reapplying and resitting and getting in. My honest chances. Hope you can help. Thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh there are unis, as i called some of em i can only apply to 4. But as u have legit reasons and evidence u have more. For example manchester, lancaster, lpool, plymouth, uea also leeds in some cases. Tho manchester is not even trying for i think. Bristol does accept resits i think with legit reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That was close! What board was it?
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHaris14)
    I had my A2 Chemistry remarked and was told although I gained 6 marks It didn't change from an A to an A*, apparently I only need one more point to get it to an A*.

Thanks for your help
    Maybe you could get your script back. What board was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HHaris14)

Thanks for your help
    Don't you get the money back if your marks go up anyway? Did the grade of that individual paper go up? And did you remark both A2 chem papers?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Really need advice. AAB in A2, A in maths and bio, B in chem. Got an A in economics for AS which I dropped.

11 A*s at gcse. 710 in ukcat when I did it last year.

Looking to resit two or maybe three modules and get A*s in maths and Bio and an A in chem.

Have a decent amount of work experience and am going to Singapore in January to do medical work experience.

What do you think my options are right now? Which unis should I look to apply to?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocky22)
    Really need advice. AAB in A2, A in maths and bio, B in chem. Got an A in economics for AS which I dropped.

11 A*s at gcse. 710 in ukcat when I did it last year.

Looking to resit two or maybe three modules and get A*s in maths and Bio and an A in chem.

Have a decent amount of work experience and am going to Singapore in January to do medical work experience.

What do you think my options are right now? Which unis should I look to apply to?
    I'm similar to you, A*AB, B in chem, we can apply to Exeter, Plymouth, UEA, Lancaster, Liverpool and BSMS. If you have extenuated circumstances you can try some others
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    I'm similar to you, A*AB, B in chem, we can apply to Exeter, Plymouth, UEA, Lancaster, Liverpool and BSMS. If you have extenuated circumstances you can try some others
    What about manchester and southampton? I heard they also accept re sits?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocky22)
    What about manchester and southampton? I heard they also accept re sits?
    Manchester require extenuating circumstances I believe, and Southampton I'm not sure. It's worth emailing both though I guess

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 27, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.