Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Medicine Resit Applicants' Success Stories?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it wud seem so. Cuz i have to as well. Tho im not sure whether they will easily agree to predict an A.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And u have u done the ukcat?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali Hyder)
    Yeh it wud seem so. Cuz i have to as well. Tho im not sure whether they will easily agree to predict an A.
    Im so confused! So does UCAS automatically send off my application to the different school who then check them and predicts my grade, and then the schools send it off? ARGH

yes Ive done my UKCAT, pretty terrible this time around compared to last year :/ 640. what about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuckface)
    Im so confused! So does UCAS automatically send off my application to the different school who then check them and predicts my grade, and then the schools send it off? ARGH

yes Ive done my UKCAT, pretty terrible this time around compared to last year :/ 640. what about you?
    Im pretty confused as well. Tho im talkin to my old skool to predict me an A. Tho i dunno if the application can be from two skools. But i dont wanna study biology at my skool again. And no i havent done the ukcat. Its on 22nd. Still havent gotten used to the ****test calculator on earth.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Cant u just ask ur new skool to predict u an A?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cant u just ask ur new skool to predict u an A?
    I phoned up the new school where I'll be resitting at and they said they don't predict my grades as they are just a centre for the exams...so it'll be my old school who predicts my grades. Which is annoying because I emailed my old school 2 days ago and they haven't even been bothered to reply back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I phoned up the new school where I'll be resitting at and they said they don't predict my grades as they are just a centre for the exams...so it'll be my old school who predicts my grades. Which is annoying because I emailed my old school 2 days ago and they haven't even been bothered to reply back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So then if they are just a centre for exams, ull have to hace private tuition ryt
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So then if they are just a centre for exams, ull have to hace private tuition ryt
    No I'll just do most of the learning by myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No I'll just do most of the learning by myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol great. What subject are u retaking?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lol great. What subject are u retaking?
    Just biology, which I got a B in

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same.
    Which unis are you applying to? Also have you done the UKCAT? If you have, what's the verdict?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i am finding it difficult to explain in my personal statement why i am reapplying and resitting, like what would be the near perfect sentence or two to add in my personal to explain it.
    My situation:
    GCSEs: 10A*'s and 2A's
    AS level: 5A's first time round
    A2 level: 4a's and 1B in bio, phy, maths, general studies and chem respectively
    UKCAT last year 665, band 2

I had two family deaths last year in year 13, and also was living independly for two months due to family issues, it affected me to the point where i stopped attending school, i struggled very much last year, also have a backed up doctors and school note, but dont know how to mention this in my personal statement. Shall i just send a letter from school with the doctors note attached to the different unis before i send my application to UCAS, or shall i condense my personal statement even more to explain my circumstances, i dont know why but i feel thats inappropriate its like wanting a sympathy vote. i am so confused, any help would be much appreciated thankyou very much

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 24, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.