Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
x

Unlock these great extras with your FREE membership

• One-on-one advice about results day and Clearing
  • Free access to our personal statement wizard
  • Customise TSR to suit how you want to use it

Medicine Resit Applicants' Success Stories?

Announcements Posted on
Competition: win a karting session for you and seven mates! 24-07-2015
  1. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuckface)
    Im so confused! So does UCAS automatically send off my application to the different school who then check them and predicts my grade, and then the schools send it off? ARGH

yes Ive done my UKCAT, pretty terrible this time around compared to last year :/ 640. what about you?
    Im pretty confused as well. Tho im talkin to my old skool to predict me an A. Tho i dunno if the application can be from two skools. But i dont wanna study biology at my skool again. And no i havent done the ukcat. Its on 22nd. Still havent gotten used to the ****test calculator on earth.
  2. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Im so confused! So does UCAS automatically send off my application to the different school who then check them and predicts my grade, and then the schools send it off? ARGH

yes Ive done my UKCAT, pretty terrible this time around compared to last year :/ 640. what about you?
    Cant u just ask ur new skool to predict u an A?
  3. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ali Hyder)
    Cant u just ask ur new skool to predict u an A?
    I phoned up the new school where I'll be resitting at and they said they don't predict my grades as they are just a centre for the exams...so it'll be my old school who predicts my grades. Which is annoying because I emailed my old school 2 days ago and they haven't even been bothered to reply back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
  4. Offline

ReputationRep:
    I phoned up the new school where I'll be resitting at and they said they don't predict my grades as they are just a centre for the exams...so it'll be my old school who predicts my grades. Which is annoying because I emailed my old school 2 days ago and they haven't even been bothered to reply back!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So then if they are just a centre for exams, ull have to hace private tuition ryt
  5. Offline

ReputationRep:
    So then if they are just a centre for exams, ull have to hace private tuition ryt
    No I'll just do most of the learning by myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
  6. Offline

ReputationRep:
    No I'll just do most of the learning by myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol great. What subject are u retaking?
  7. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Lol great. What subject are u retaking?
    Just biology, which I got a B in

Posted from TSR Mobile
  8. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Same.
  9. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Same.
    Which unis are you applying to? Also have you done the UKCAT? If you have, what's the verdict?
  10. Offline

ReputationRep:
    i am finding it difficult to explain in my personal statement why i am reapplying and resitting, like what would be the near perfect sentence or two to add in my personal to explain it.
    My situation:
    GCSEs: 10A*'s and 2A's
    AS level: 5A's first time round
    A2 level: 4a's and 1B in bio, phy, maths, general studies and chem respectively
    UKCAT last year 665, band 2

I had two family deaths last year in year 13, and also was living independly for two months due to family issues, it affected me to the point where i stopped attending school, i struggled very much last year, also have a backed up doctors and school note, but dont know how to mention this in my personal statement. Shall i just send a letter from school with the doctors note attached to the different unis before i send my application to UCAS, or shall i condense my personal statement even more to explain my circumstances, i dont know why but i feel thats inappropriate its like wanting a sympathy vote. i am so confused, any help would be much appreciated thankyou very much
  11. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering if anyone can give me some advice/tell me their success story?

I'm currently in my A2 year and will be taking my exams in June.
    I am desperate to apply for medicine and I (unexpectedly) didn't do well at all in my AS year which was a huge set back for me. I didn't apply to medicine this year as I am predicted AAB, so I applied for BioMedical Science and have offers. But I am just hoping to do a few resits of AS modules and get AAA this year, take a gap year and apply for medicine then!

In the AS's I have continued I got BBB (two very close to A's), so I just want to know if anyone has managed to resit within the two years and how successful they were, and whether people think it is possible I will be able to get three A's?
    (I got 6a*'s 5a's in GCSE btw)

Thanks
  12. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkeale)
    Hi just wondering if anyone can give me some advice/tell me their success story?

I am desperate to apply for medicine and I (unexpectedly) didn't do well at all in my AS year which was a huge set back for me. I didn't apply to medicine this year as I am predicted AAB, so I applied for BioMedical Science and have offers. But I am just hoping to do a few resits of AS modules and get AAA this year, take a gap year and apply for medicine then!

In the AS's I have continued I got BBB (two very close to A's), so I just want to know if anyone has managed to resit within the two years and how successful they were, and whether people think it is possible I will be able to get three A's?

Thanks
    In short, you certainly can

My friend got BBCC at AS and worked his mothertrucking ass off to get AAA at A2. He now has an unconditional offer from Manchester. Work hard and you can do it
  13. Offline

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me a realistic viewpoint on how many universities consider re-sit applicants after the initial two years of study? I am predicting I will achieve AAB and I wanted to retake my third a-level to achieve AAA which would then meet entry requirements, but having retaken would I still have an equal chance of being accepted at the universities that state they consider resit students? Also would it be possible that I'm actually more likely to get a place because I've already secured AAB and only working on one more A? I know it's wishful thinking but I really need some hope right now!
  14. Offline

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talkeale)

Thanks
    I got ABDD in my AS's but retook in my A2 year and achieved A*AA overall it's possible if you want it enough! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 30, 2015
Poll
Have you ever posted a picture of your food on social media?
Results and Clearing

SQA results chat

Come talk about your results here

new on tsr

Join the American Society

Whether you're from the USA or just love it!

x

Think you'll be in clearing or adjustment?

Hear direct from unis that want to talk to you

Get email alerts for university course places that match your subjects and grades. Just let us know what you're studying.

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.