Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Geography Applicants for Entry 2011!

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by re12)
    Anyone heard from Edinburgh yet?

University of British Columbia, Canada - Unconditional
    Nottingham - ABB
    Sheffield - AAB
    Loughborough - AAC/ABB
    Oxford - Rejected
    Edinburgh - Still waiting
    I know someone who got rejected for Geography last week.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    urggh, still waiting on St. Andrews
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UCAS.LOVER)
    Bristol is a farce, they really need to sort they're act out.
    I'm going to withdraw my application this week if they still haven't responded - seeing as they say on their website that they aim to respond within 8 weeks of receipt of application and there's still no response after around 20 weeks!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yep im still waiting on Bristol and Edinburgh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Bristol, but have an offer from Edinburgh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Edinburgh yesterday, they certainly took ages, bu tit seems like offers will be coming through now.

It surprised me that they asked for AAA though, as it is first year entry not second, so what they will ask for second year entry may include an A*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cool, just got an offer for St. Andrews - just waiting on Bristol now.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an offer from Hull, ABB
    Higher than I expected. >.>
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from Bristol. Not that bothered. Would have liked an offer but it was only ever going to be my insurance. I only applied because they were so high in the league tables for Geography and I've gone off them since they've kept me waiting so long. Really can't believe they're so great if they can't process their applications in less than 5/6 months.

Should have known when the admissions tutor at the open day said "I'm not going to persuade you to apply. Apply. Don't apply. We get so many applications anyway".

Durham responded within three weeks and have always been my favourite. For insurance though, Southampton or Exeter?

Good luck everyone else still waiting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Northampton - conditional
    Chester - rejected
    Keele - rejected
    Stirling - still waiting
    UEA - still waiting

I'm bored of waiting, i'm planning on going to Northampton, but nevertheless I can't help checking my emails every day. Seems like years ago that I sent my application.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    to think that some people still have not heard is incredible!

It is the 5th April! Even if the application was given in on the 15th january, that is still 11 weeks.....
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raving_rich)
    Northampton - conditional
    Chester - rejected
    Keele - rejected
    Stirling - still waiting
    UEA - still waiting

I'm bored of waiting, i'm planning on going to Northampton, but nevertheless I can't help checking my emails every day. Seems like years ago that I sent my application.
    I'm also still waiting on a reply from Stirling hopefully it will not be long !
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reilly10)
    I'm also still waiting on a reply from Stirling hopefully it will not be long !
    me too...
    but i already got offers from Loughborough, Aberdeen and Dundee, so I dont really need an offer from Stirling
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwihoney)
    me too...
    but i already got offers from Loughborough, Aberdeen and Dundee, so I dont really need an offer from Stirling
    Congrats ! i have offers from Glasgow and Glasgow Caledonian but would quite like an offer from Stirling
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reilly10)
    Congrats ! i have offers from Glasgow and Glasgow Caledonian but would quite like an offer from Stirling
    wow Glasgow should've applied there too, the Uni looks amazing!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally heard from Stirling today! ...unsuccessful. at least i can sleep peacefully now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayteeKaytee)
    Rejection from Bristol. Not that bothered. Would have liked an offer but it was only ever going to be my insurance. I only applied because they were so high in the league tables for Geography and I've gone off them since they've kept me waiting so long. Really can't believe they're so great if they can't process their applications in less than 5/6 months.

Should have known when the admissions tutor at the open day said "I'm not going to persuade you to apply. Apply. Don't apply. We get so many applications anyway".

Durham responded within three weeks and have always been my favourite. For insurance though, Southampton or Exeter?

Good luck everyone else still waiting.
    exeter def.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone lucky enough to got into bristol: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bristo...99399393406479
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgieGeog)
    Yep im still waiting on Bristol and Edinburgh
    SAME! I applied in September!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 29, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.