The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

When I hear about people moving from a U to an A and examiners just forgetting to mark a whole bloody question it does wind me up. People could be relying on these grades for Uni offers...yet through no fault of their own they might not get in!
chinaboi
Woah, that's crazy. What subject went from D to A?

History.
Hopefully one of my Business or Spanish (writing) exams will go up a few UMS that I need. Anyone reckon these two subjects are likely to increase? I had to write essays in both so I would think the marking will be subjective enough..
Might as well give it a go I suppose, if it doesn't change you can always resit :smile:
chinaboi
Doing badly in philosophy and ethics or going up 2 grades? :P

Getting an A and doing really badly in the other :p:

TWF
I'm on holiday, when is the deadline?

Sorry I don't know.. I don't do A levels :o: it was my friend who told me that she did badly... I'm at uni, lol.
Reply 25
chinaboi
Philosophy and Ethics. I got 100% in philosophy module and a D in the ethics one which means I got a B overall. :s-smilie:

What's even stranger is I found the ethics course and paper much easier...

I'm in a similar position. I got 93% on my Philosophy paper and 77% on my Ethics, which averaged out as an A. Still, I think I did a lot better in Ethics than in Philosophy and am also considering applying for a remark. If there's more than one of us in the same situation, then perhaps there was an error in the marking?
Reply 26
Webbykun
Dude, are you for real?! :O

Yep, in M1. Moved up from 79 UMS to 97 UMS
Reply 27
chaz1992
I moved up from a B to an A as the examiner forgot to mark a whole question.

I hope this is what happened to me :yep:
[QUOTE='[gemma]']I hope this is what happened to me :yep:

Agreed :yep:

Latest