Reply 1
http://www.harewoodleisure.co.uk/home.asp

most of your questions answered.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
So, in order to join the gym, you have to first register with the sports centre, so thats an extra £44 they skank you on top of the £185 to join gym.
Am i reading that right?
Reply 3
Yep, I think so.
Or... You buy your own dumbells, bench and bar and hey presto.... Running and rowing you can do outdoors... right? *eek* that's what I'm doing.
Reply 5
Yeah it is pretty steep, though the facilities look pretty decent.

Or... You buy your own dumbells, bench and bar and hey presto.... Running and rowing you can do outdoors... right? *eek* that's what I'm doing.

I'd love to do that but i reckon that could get expensive with olympic weights, whihc are really the only ones worth having. If a few of us got together we could maybe get a set off ebay for about 300 and store it somewhere at the uni and then sell them at the end of the year??
This one looks alright, but noone that i've heard has been vary favourable about the uni's facilities/prices

Also with putting in for a bench, weights etc, you'd have to get a squat rack as well if you wanted to do it properly which is just £££££
Reply 7
You could get away with just stands if you had someone to spot or if you wasnt going too heavy. A decent set up would be about 300-400 i reckon, and when u came to sell it you would probably get most, if not all youre money back. Just an idea though.
wow i didnt think it'd be that much! I thought i remember reading somewhere it was £90 for the yr with unlimited access, or you pay £44 to join, then £2.50/£3.50 each time, which is what i was going to do, as during some holidays and weekends, i get to use the gym at my local centre free.
freshestkid
This one looks alright, but noone that i've heard has been vary favourable about the uni's facilities/prices

Also with putting in for a bench, weights etc, you'd have to get a squat rack as well if you wanted to do it properly which is just £££££

Aye, ill ve joining Virgin active as ive said in many a thread on here, looks decent enough, and prices are reasonable
Reply 10
Come on peeps, we're forking out near enough 5k for fees and halls. What does another 185 mean
Reply 11
whats the cripps hall gym like?
Asura
Come on peeps, we're forking out near enough 5k for fees and halls. What does another 185 mean

More debt?...
It is a lot of money to be asking from skint students...are all the people that join the 27% of Nottingham students which hail from private schools I wonder?!
well, if i dont go to the gym, ill go mental.. ill be joining any gym that can offer me what i need,. either that, or put all my hopes on getting onto the uni footie teams to stay in shape :frown:
Reply 15
Does anyone know if gym membership or use of some facilities somewhere comes with joining the rowing club? I'll need to get fit again somehow if I'm going to continue rowing, after a nice 3 month gap of doing nothing at all.
Not as far as I know! You will still have to pay to use the uni one... but its really nice in there so its worth the money
Reply 17
how annoying..

but since im pretty much next to the gym, (i think), it wont be too bad!

Latest

Trending

Trending