The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
SH2007
but it still has the original course code..... do i need to ring up to find out? as far as i know there is no student portal on the durham website correct?

I think it might be that your college has changed,not your course.. not 100% on that though!

You could check AES, that's Durham's applicant system so you can check things like that. Good luck :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
thanks for the swift reply!

i dont seem to have a password for AES so cant use that, and im thinking perhaps you are right on the college thing...... it now says 'O', but that doesnt correspond to anything to my knowledge?!
SH2007
thanks for the swift reply!

i dont seem to have a password for AES so cant use that, and im thinking perhaps you are right on the college thing...... it now says 'O', but that doesnt correspond to anything to my knowledge?!

Ah yeah, that means open application.. so they're moving you to another college but they're not sure which one. Best thing would be to ring your department tomorrow morning and see if they know anything!

They have a quota for how many students taking a specific subject they can have in each college so if there are too many then they have to shuffle people around. :smile:
Reply 4
thanks a lot you've put my mind at rest!
Reply 5
Hi! I'm in exactly the same position as you!

You have to reply to the offer on Ucas, to definitely confirm that you want to take up the place; you have 5 days to do it, the last day being tomorrow!

Did you get the e-mail from Durham explaining? It definitely means that they're putting you in a different college. Then on the e-mail from Durham it said that it could be the 6th of September before we find out what college we're in, so i wouldn't recommend ringing the department or anything. Just wait it out! :smile:

Latest