The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

fosforpheasant
are you seriously dense enough to suggest that the police have to witness crimes to have enough 'proof'. if there is a suspicion that someone is being harmed in a premise, that is grounds to enter

you sure the police can enter property whenever they want? i thought they needed permission of some sort
Reply 81
Go straight to the press and blow this story wide open.

If in doubt, buy a gun.
Corruption is sooo bad everywhere.
Reply 83
Kiwiguy
You can talk. You use TSR to bang on about Gaza, yet when someone other than yourself wants help, you aren't interested. Why am i not surprised?

lmao.. go play with ur imaginary gf dude

then come back 2moro to neg me about how u like the "killing of all those ******* towel-heads in palestine"

:wink:

oh.. and yeh. :smile:

edit: i think i'm gunna put your neg-reps in my sig so every1 can read. whoop
Antonia87
When I got a bottle smashed over my head and the perpetrators legged it, I rang the police, they came, saw my bleeding face, found the people after I said who they were and they arrested them. The blood was enough to show I'd been assaulted, what more proof do they need?

meh i dunno how all this stuff works :p: best complain like everyone else i guess
Reply 85
DJkG.1
Im a sad loser

Lol. Yeah, whatever.
Reply 86
Antonia87
When I got a bottle smashed over my head and the perpetrators legged it, I rang the police, they came, saw my bleeding face, found the people after I said who they were and they arrested them. The blood was enough to show I'd been assaulted, what more proof do they need?

From what you have described, the officers had more than enough evidence to go knock on the door.

Seems that as luck would have it, you got a pair of ****.

Shame really. Hope the girl is ok.
wow! REALLY? do i have to worry about my safety when i go there in britain? :s-smilie:
Reply 88
Antonia87
So my boyfriend rang me an hour ago, sounded breathless and very upset.

Turns out, he was walking to his bus stop in Soho tonight, when he saw a man in the street dragging a young girl by the neck and hair through a door which had sign on it saying "models" (so clearly a brothel).

The girl was screaming and crying, trying to get away. So my boyfriend ran over, asked the bloke what the hell he was doing and the bloke punched him in the face, breaking his nose. With that, he threw the girl inside this place, followed her in and locked the door.

My boyfriend instantly rang the police and they turned up, but didnt get out of their car. He told them what happened and they said "Have you got any proof?" To which he replied "Well the guy punched me in the face and now my nose is bleeding, see?"

The worst bit? The police then say "Well we didnt see it, there doesnt appear to be enough evidence, so cant do anything with it mate, sorry" and drove off.

This is a bloke with a bloody face, who has just seen a girl being violently overpowered and forced into a brothel... and these policemen did nothing. Just wouldnt hear it and drove off, didnt even get out of their car.

He only got another car out when he didnt stop ringing and demanded one.

How on earth is that right?

APALLING.

The METpolice are fully aware of prostitution in soho. i think the reason they didn't interfere is that it would be the lesser of 2 evils by allowing this to happen and contain prostitution in soho then to let the sex industry go deeper underground.

P.S your bf should have got the badge number of those pigs and reported the *******.
Antonia87

Turns out, he was walking to his bus stop in Soho tonight, when he saw a man in the street dragging a young girl by the neck and hair through a door which had sign on it saying "models" (so clearly a brothel).

The girl was screaming and crying, trying to get away. So my boyfriend ran over, asked the bloke what the hell he was doing and the bloke punched him in the face, breaking his nose. With that, he threw the girl inside this place, followed her in and locked the door.

My boyfriend instantly rang the police and they turned up, but didnt get out of their car. He told them what happened and they said "Have you got any proof?" To which he replied "Well the guy punched me in the face and now my nose is bleeding, see?"

The worst bit? The police then say "Well we didnt see it, there doesnt appear to be enough evidence, so cant do anything with it mate, sorry" and drove off.

This is a bloke with a bloody face, who has just seen a girl being violently overpowered and forced into a brothel... and these policemen did nothing. Just wouldnt hear it and drove off, didnt even get out of their car.

What really happened was that your boyfriend didn't pay her after, and she had to get her pimp on him.
Reply 90
Hmmm just another take on this. What if they know thats the place and they have cops working there undercover waiting to raid it> They could have been told to leave the place alone as its going to be raided soon?
I'd put in a formal complaint. I mean wtf?! And you're boyfriend is very sweet indeed :smile:
Reply 92
Aj12
Hmmm just another take on this. What if they know thats the place and they have cops working there undercover waiting to raid it> They could have been told to leave the place alone as its going to be raided soon?

Even if that were the case, if a young girl was being beaten on the premises, or in some sort of danger and a witness was assaulted, those are grounds for the police to take action, surely?
Reply 93
keynesismyhomeboy
Hey.. I've heard something like this before but with a drug house. Here is what your boyfriend needs to do:

Take photos of his face/nose

Take photos of the building

Speak to his mobile company to see if he can trace the call/ get a full recording, even proof that he was on the phone to the police for a certain amount of time is good enough

Get him to go to the local policestation with all this evidence.. make sure he has two copies of everything...

If they ignore it/deny it then make sure he tells them he will go to the paper... and then he must go straight to a local paper. Basically, once theyve ignored him at the policestation he MUST go to the paper immediately. Its as if he will be getting the police's permission (the fact they ignored it)

^ That looks like a plan :yep:
Reply 94
Antonia87

Legally CANNOT enter without a search warrant, police would of broke the law (ironic but happens all the time), but they're quite corrupt now a days :/
Jampolo
Legally CANNOT enter without a search warrant, police would of broke the law (ironic but happens all the time), but they're quite corrupt now a days :/

That's never stopped them before. "Is that marijuana I smell?", in he came. He didn't smell weed he just wanted in. I'll never forget his look of disappointment though.
Reply 96
</Tom>
That's never stopped them before. "Is that marijuana I smell?", in he came. He didn't smell weed he just wanted in. I'll never forget his look of disappointment though.

Oh i know, but its just illegal thats all, cant even search you car boot without a search warrant (legally). I'd rather keep it that way tbh, i dont want police to have to power to do what they please (lots do it anyway)
Reply 97
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/corrupt-police-cant-be-touched-1249816.html

EDIT: More than 10 years ago and until today, corruption is still everywhere; and these corruptions are not small-scaled - it could lead to higher ups; media, politicians, etc.

Fact is, you can try and report this to the media; but then again one can never be too sure who to trust. Independent newspapers? Give it ago - at least you and your boyfriend would've tried.

There are policemen & women that are honest and have their principles; but that won't mean that their higher ups; subordinates; or even colleague/partner is.

Good luck to you and your boyfriend OP. Although it may seem really selfish to say this, but also take into considerations what could happen if you do report, to you; your bf; family; close ones - but at the same time if there is a chance to tackle this indirectly and not throw yourselves into the risky spotlight - go for it.

Even imagination alone won't be able to spell out the possible.. things, that the girl (and many other girls) are going through.. :s-smilie:
Reply 99
Antonia87
Well I didnt make this thread for a laugh.

Should one want a laugh, venture into another one.

Kiwiguy
You can talk. You use TSR to bang on about Gaza, yet when someone other than yourself wants help, you aren't interested. Why am i not surprised?

I think the point that he's making is that you can't exactly expect everyone on TSR to understand when a thread is serious - and I think that's fair. The most serious of threads is often disturbed with rubbish humour as presented by the one who made the original distasteful comment.

Latest

Trending

Trending