The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
I'm not from Leeds but live in Sheffield which isn't far away and has similar weather. There isn't always a lot of snow, usually maybe a week or two of it in January but it's more likely to be icy or raining as opposed to be snowing for the majority of the winter. It does get cold though, then again, that depends what you're used to lol. Hope this helps.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Where are you from?
Depending on that you could find it very mild, or very cold and snowy.
Reply 3
hehe Im from Barnsley which is just a little more South than Leeds and all I can say is... get ready for the rain!
Itll be cold, a bit icey, windy. Generally not too rainy. We had a lot of snow last year, but so did the rest of the uk.
Reply 5
Nah it doesn't tend to rain much around here in winter just summer, it gets pretty cold though and doesn't snow that often either which is disapointing.
Reply 6
i'm from canada (toronto) so i am definitely used to cold and very snowy winters. just trying to figure out what i should pack in terms of winter gear!
Reply 7
It wouldn't be as cold as Canada can get in winter. Maybe get a couple of your lighter jackets/coats and one or two heavier ones.

:smile:
was friggin freezin last winter. loads of snow too. UK rain as per usual too.
satellite_eyes
i'm from canada (toronto) so i am definitely used to cold and very snowy winters. just trying to figure out what i should pack in terms of winter gear!

It will not be anything like Canada in the winter. Last year was seen as an anomaly here because we had about 2/3 weeks where there was snow on the ground. Winters are mild.
Reply 10
Lived there the past 3 years and have visited all my life due to family living there. Leeds is very windy but there's not usually a lot of rain. It'll be cold, especially if you're not living in halls and have to pay seperately for bills!

Latest