The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Theconomist
Extremists in Pakistan and Afghanistan.Who else?How am I a racist?
I am stating the obvious.They live in their version of the world that would have worked 700 years ago...

Cut the bull****. You mean non-Arabic Muslims and you know it so at least be honest about it. I lived in halls with four people from Pakistan, an Egyptian and a Sudanese person. The latter two outright refused to speak to them despite their initial attempts at pleasantries.
PearlyPenilePapule
Cut the bull****. You mean non-Arabic Muslims and you know it so at least be honest about it. I lived in halls with four people from Pakistan, an Egyptian and a Sudanese person. The latter two outright refused to speak to them despite their initial attempts at pleasantries.

I don't mean non arabic muslims.
My best friend is a british muslim.
The same type of extremism can be found in Saudi arabia,Sudan and Iran and I would have commented on it just the same.
But obviously you know more about what I mean than I do.
sami_1234
ARE YOU RETARDED . WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN BLAME ISLAM:s-smilie:

For example: Blow up a train in Spain and call it Jihad.
You didn't understand what I mean.
They commit atrocities and justify their actions by saying that it is in the name of god or they were following sharia.Do you understand me?
Theconomist
For example: Blow up a train in Spain and call it Jihad.
You didn't understand what I mean.
They commit atrocities and justify their actions by saying that it is in the name of god or they were following sharia.Do you understand me?

omg. That rather pathetic. First of all what has that got to do with this. 2 students got beaten up by a group of guys. What has that go to do jihad or sharia.
And can you please calrify what is THEY.
Jihad has been misintepreted by idiots but only by a small minority. And I hate people who are Jihadis
they give " Dumb"" people the chance to talk about sujects where they have no knoweldge.
Also ..You cant just use an example and apply to something that has nothing to do with sharia.
sami_1234
omg. That rather pathetic. First of all what has that got to do with this. 2 students got beaten up by a group of guys. What has that go to do jihad or sharia.
And can you please calrify what is THEY.
Jihad has been misintepreted by idiots but only by a small minority. And I hate people who are Jihadis
they give " Dumb"" people the chance to talk about sujects where they have no knoweldge.
Also ..You cant just use an example and apply to something that has nothing to do with sharia.

May god bless your soul.

Buenos noches
Reply 25
I agree that in this instance it seems as though extremism has little to do with it. Two guys get the **** beat out of them and the police enjoy their view from the front row of the crowd. Barbarism at its best...

Pakistan is messed in so many ways. Until someone sorts out the fundamental problems of widespread corruption and low education levels, instances of such a barbaric and disgusting nature will continue.
Theconomist
May god bless your soul.

Buenos noches

Lol waaa!!!
Iori
I agree that in this instance it seems as though extremism has little to do with it. Two guys get the **** beat out of them and the police enjoy their view from the front row of the crowd. Barbarism at its best...

Pakistan is messed in so many ways. Until someone sorts out the fundamental problems of widespread corruption and low education levels, instances of such a barbaric and disgusting nature will continue.

Yeah. I agree Pakistan is corrupt and most pakistanis are stupid.
The people who were hurting the students said to the police that they were thiefs. But still the police are stupid they jus let them knock that teenagers out "/
Reply 28
Ruthless savages, the fact that a group of people and more terrifyingly a police officer, a person entrusted with enforcing the law and upholding civil order are simply standing by while two innocent boys get brutalised just shows the moral degradation of that society.

Calling them inhumane and barbaric would be an understatement.
My sincere condolences to their families.
Sherlock.H
Ruthless savages, the fact that a group of people and more terrifyingly a police officer, a person entrusted with enforcing the law and upholding civil order are simply standing by while two innocent boys get brutalised just shows the moral degradation of that society.

Calling them inhumane and barbaric would be an understatement.
My sincere condolences to their families.

wow what an answer shelock Holmes. (Werz Watson)
Reply 30
Iori

Finally, a decent comment on this thread. I would have to completely agree that this is a political and social problem rather than a religious one. The country's whole infrastructure needs to be rebuilt before we can see events like this fade away.
They expect us to help them out with their flood after what they did to these innocent people? :hmmm:
JayDay92
Finally, a decent comment on this thread. I would have to completely agree that this is a political and social problem rather than a religious one. The country's whole infrastructure needs to be rebuilt before we can see events like this fade away.

I AGREE:yep:
Reply 33
This is tragic.
I guess it goes to show that in many parts of the world, a legal system is something to be desired.

In many places like this even if there is a legal system it's often pretty corrupt too.

Sad to hear about these boys, I feel for their families
Reply 34
Duckzilla
They expect us to help them out with their flood after what they did to these innocent people? :hmmm:

Oh hell no, they aren't getting ANYTHING from this outraged observer.
Reply 35
If they were robbers then I have no sympathy for them - you reap what you sow. Otherwise it's an unfortunate misdirection of public wrath.
Reply 36
death to those dogs and pigs who did this to the two brothers, may Allah curse them and show them their deserved punishment in this life and the hereafter, there was even a little kid who was hitting one of the brothers!!! what the hell was the police officer doing there standing and watching? was it a cricket match? and the entire crowd watching and shooting as if it was a movie!!! heartless monsters, how can anyone stand and watch that and not try to intervene and talk some sense into those animals..I cannot believe these are Muslims...i expect such things from israelis....i am so outraged....
Reply 37
This is what happens when angry, poverty-stricken people have zero confidence in the police & justice systems to deal with crime.

All countries, Britain included, have had to rely on mob justice until effective police and justice systems are established and respected.

Violent mobs are invariably difficult or impossible to control, and often they get the wrong people.

The failure of the police in this case to even attempt intervene is perhaps the most shocking thing... more reminiscent of the mafia or IRA tolerating punishment beatings, rather than a modern police force.
Reply 38
Duckzilla

How does that work?
greatmonte
so what do you guys think......I mean what do you think of the fact no one tried to stop it I think its understandable...but seriously this Is so sad.
Regardless of where it happened (not picking on pakistan) its an insult to humanity.

Spoiler

First of all, there are incorrections in the news article perhaps because there is some confusion surrounding the actual occuring of events.

The boys were not thieves- after sehri time- they usually played cricket in a field near their home- at 7am they were kidnapped and tortured.

This act included policemen- people in the village did surround to see what was happening- they tried to stop it- some tried to use their mobiles to try and take footage but they were stopped by the police.

Someone immediately called a journalist to try and take better footage- he managed to take a video of the torture without being seen.

Basically the policemen thought they could get away with it at 7am because most people would be asleep and the news teams would not be around yet as it was early...but what comes around goes around I guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending