The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Film and TV Screenwriting?

Anyyoneee :biggrin:?
Reply 1
meeeeeeeeeeee! but i'm doing film production combined with film and tv screenwriting :smile:
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
I'd LOVE to do screenwriting!
I'll be going to uni in 2011 and I'm so confused as to what to study. It's either creative writing, journalism, scriptwriting, TV production... or some uni's do joint honours with various similar subjects... aaargh so confused! Screenwriting sounds so awesome but it's a too narrow field for me =/
Reply 3
Yeah I'm doing joint honours. Majoring in film production :smile: i'm starting next month so i'll let you know what it's like :smile:
Reply 4
me too =) doing it combined with Film Production and Creative Writing
Reply 5
Fedelow (: I do joint honours creative writing (in my second year of that course) and Film and TV Screenwriting (start my first year on this course) the way this works is i go part time in my 4th year to finish screenwriting. You should defo do creative writing its broad in a sense but narrow in others so its great for you probably. The addition of Film and TV Screenwriting lets me have that extra bit on my title too and is something im considering doing.

Add me on facebook people (: facebook.com/danposmaytee :biggrin:
Reply 6
I'm doing Film and TV Screenwriting, starting in Sept. I really wanted to major in Film Production too, but I didn't get onto it. Will hopefully take an elective in something filmy lol
fedelow
I'd LOVE to do screenwriting!
I'll be going to uni in 2011 and I'm so confused as to what to study. It's either creative writing, journalism, scriptwriting, TV production... or some uni's do joint honours with various similar subjects... aaargh so confused! Screenwriting sounds so awesome but it's a too narrow field for me =/

Im studying Film studies and Creative Writing,
The course does Script writing :biggrin:
Im starting it this year wooo! x
Reply 8
hey if your doing games design, they do an elective module, for story writting i think it was that. Im also doing games design in september. Look into it on gamescourse.co.uk
I want to study screenwriting. Being from India, nobody here seems to have a clue about the course. People from here either do an MBA or some random business study abroad... I could use all the help and advice.
I have looked up some universities in the States too. But its way off my budget. Please help!
Original post by danposmaytee
Anyyoneee :biggrin:?

Im doing Film and TV Screenwriting tooo! :smile: Where are you stayingggg?
I'm so jealous :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Zara-Fisher3192
Im doing Film and TV Screenwriting tooo! :smile: Where are you stayingggg?

he posted that in 2009, he may not still be around
Original post by moriaty123
he posted that in 2009, he may not still be around

Haha, I just realised that, wooops!
Reply 14
Film Production for me come September
Reply 15
Hey! I'm thinking of doing a Media or Television Production degree at uni in 2012 but I really have no idea what universities/courses are meant to be good for this kind of thing. I know that in this area its really important to get on a degree with a lot of practical experience- not just theory so it would be great if anyone knows where to go. Please help! :smile:
Reply 16
Search on UCAS for media, television production or film. I'm going to Preston to do a course on film production and the facility is incredible. Not to mention the BBC are moving a few studios and companies down to nearby over the next few years.
Reply 17
I'll be doing Film Production, hope there is an elective in screenwriting though. I sort of regret not doing a joint with it.
Looking forward to Combined Honours - Film Production/ Film & TV screen writing.
Anyone else?
Reply 19
Original post by Christ_fish
Looking forward to Combined Honours - Film Production/ Film & TV screen writing.
Anyone else?

I did this course in the year just gone. It's great. You'll love it! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending