The Student Room Group

Manchester Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

5.5A* 710 ukcat. Already have AAAA(bio chem maths eng lit), hopefully PS won't be ****. IS IT WORTH AN APPLICATION
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 61
2011reapplication
5.5A* 710 ukcat. Already have AAAA(bio chem maths eng lit), hopefully PS won't be ****. IS IT WORTH AN APPLICATION

:rolleyes:
Reply 62
2011reapplication

No.
Reply 63
is a 630 average alright to apply?
damn, im so scared now :frown:
Reply 64
I'm a Manc 2011 applicant :biggrin:
hardees
is a 630 average alright to apply?
damn, im so scared now :frown:

Same.
Reply 66
estrella1.1
Same.

Ditto
Reply 67
Jadio
Ditto

ooo im applying to 3 of the same places as you (BSMS, Manc, Keele)

what is your ukcat? are you an a-level applicant or a gapper? and what is your work experience?

thanks
Reply 68
jazzymedic
ooo im applying to 3 of the same places as you (BSMS, Manc, Keele)

what is your ukcat? are you an a-level applicant or a gapper? and what is your work experience?

thanks

I'm 23, I have worked since leaving school, as a model, then in hotels for 2 years, as a PA for a year, then as a microbiologist for 18 months...

I'm doing A-Levels now as I was made redundant, and I've always wanted to be a doctor, I just got caught up in working, paying bills etc (life, as it does, took over)

Experience... Well, all of the above.. plus:-
British Red Cross First Aid at events,
Volunteering 1-2 times per week at a local hospital with stroke patients
I'm a STEM ambassador (which isn't on my personal statement, as you can imagine, I ran out of room explaining my big gap!) - this means I go into schools to talk about science, and do science busking with kids and the public.
I work as an immunology medical lab assistant during the holidays for the NHS, and get to sit in immunology clinics quite a lot, aswell as bits of bobbing about the other path depts.

My GCSEs are poor (medic on TSR poor, not real human being poor), as I was a professional model at the time...
5As 4Bs 2Cs - they were 7 yrs ago, and are above the min reqs for everywhere I am applying.

UKCAT - 665.

A Levels - Chem, Human Bio, Maths, Psychology(AS) predicted A*A*Aa, achieved over 90%UMS in all, (98% in bio)

Oh, and I do the Manchester Access Programme which will help with Manc I hope!

Blimey, I think I just gave you my UCAS application...
Hey guys! I'm a newbie first year manc medic, and am feeling incredibly generous atm, so if you have any questions either quote or PM me, and I will get back to you. This also includes when the interviews come through (around mid november), so if you need any help/advice, just ask!
Reply 70
Jadio
I'm 23, I have worked since leaving school, as a model, then in hotels for 2 years, as a PA for a year, then as a microbiologist for 18 months...

I'm doing A-Levels now as I was made redundant, and I've always wanted to be a doctor, I just got caught up in working, paying bills etc (life, as it does, took over)

Experience... Well, all of the above.. plus:-
British Red Cross First Aid at events,
Volunteering 1-2 times per week at a local hospital with stroke patients
I'm a STEM ambassador (which isn't on my personal statement, as you can imagine, I ran out of room explaining my big gap!) - this means I go into schools to talk about science, and do science busking with kids and the public.
I work as an immunology medical lab assistant during the holidays for the NHS, and get to sit in immunology clinics quite a lot, aswell as bits of bobbing about the other path depts.

My GCSEs are poor (medic on TSR poor, not real human being poor), as I was a professional model at the time...
5As 4Bs 2Cs - they were 7 yrs ago, and are above the min reqs for everywhere I am applying.

UKCAT - 665.

A Levels - Chem, Human Bio, Maths, Psychology(AS) predicted A*A*Aa, achieved over 90%UMS in all, (98% in bio)

Blimey, I think I just gave you my UCAS application...

oh wow well done :smile: you've got a great chance at getting in :biggrin:
Jadio

I thought you had to be in Y12 (i.e, 16/17) to go through that?

I qualified about 20x over for every criteria on it, but I was 18 when I found out about it, and when I asked at college they said it was too late.

Did you apply when you were in college or something?
Reply 72
Sent off my application!! :puke:

Third time lucky...
Reply 73
got 690 is it good enough for manchester ?
Heard it was 650 last year... anyone know 09's cut off mark?
Reply 74
jazzy1234

Yes it's good enough.
Reply 75
with a 630, is it pointless to apply?
Reply 76
TwilightKnight
I thought you had to be in Y12 (i.e, 16/17) to go through that?

I qualified about 20x over for every criteria on it, but I was 18 when I found out about it, and when I asked at college they said it was too late.

Did you apply when you were in college or something?

I'm at college doing A-Levels now, you have to be in Y12, but it doesn't matter how old you are. In fact being a mature student helps. You only have to be in Y12 so you can complete everything before applying. (there's an assignment and lots of lectures/ workshops and a weekend conference)
jazzy1234

You mean 09 entry? I think it was around 625. '10 entry I think was around 630-640. This year it will be slightly higher still, I'm guessing around 650.
And yes quite obviously 690 is good enough
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 78
nerdman09
You mean 09 entry? I think it was around 625. '10 entry I think was around 630-640. This year it will be slightly higher still, I'm guessing around 650.

hehe. Love it.
Reply 79

maybe higher than 650, it was 650 last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending