The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Oi Gab!!!

Hi Guys,

I'm Gab, I’m the president of Loughborough Student’s Union, and whilst I should have the answers to all your questions, if I don't I'll definitely know someone who does, or might be able to suggest some possible routes for you to take.

Feel free to post any questions you have on here, or even better would be to go to www.lufbra.net/oi on the union website and ask questions through there, which will go directly to my email. Alternatively you can email me direct on [email protected].

Really look forward to hearring from you all. Congrats on getting into Lufbra, you're all lucky people!!

Take care,

Gab

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Gab,

As a frequent visitor to the Union and using all facilities (bars) at my disposal, i would like to know what revamp work has occured over the summer...

Yours.

Bear.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 2
Bear
Gab,

As a frequent visitor to the Union and using all facilities (bars) at my disposal, i would like to know what revamp work has occured over the summer...

Yours.

Bear.

don't committee get a tour of it when we arrive?
Reply 3
twas but a comment so other people can find out!
Cheers for that one Bear..... to give you a bit of insight into what's been going on, the main development is in Bar 1, where the bar has been pushed back by 8 metres, which is gonna allow for another 400 people in the building! Behind the Union a whole storage area has been constructed for stuff such as AU equipment and bar stock, and a huge hole has been dug into the grass bank to store the bins in.... I know... don't all get excited at once. Apart from that the venue department (along with the aid of a bit of exec handywork) have converted the pit bar and the can bar in Room 1 into proper stylish bars now, replacing just the standard fridges, so it all looks well good! JC's is getting a bit of a revamp aswell with 2 extra huge plasma screens going in there, which will hopefully show sport all day, and you will also now be able to order food in JC's in a Wetherspoon's stylee, where you order your meal at the bar and it gets delivered to your table! The menu looks awesome and hopefully everything's gonna cost £2.50, making me a soon to be fat boy.

And that's not even to mention the installation of the country's first ever nasty pumps! There are going to be five to start with at bars around the union, pumping out a perfect pint of nasty and making your waiting time less!!

As for your question, Marc, you're right you do get to view it all at the committee bash next Tuesday night, with free entry for all committees. Look forward to seeing you there!

Take care

Gab
Reply 5
Lboro President
Cheers for that one Bear..... to give you a bit of insight into what's been going on, the main development is in Bar 1, where the bar has been pushed back by 8 metres, which is gonna allow for another 400 people in the building! Behind the Union a whole storage area has been constructed for stuff such as AU equipment and bar stock, and a huge hole has been dug into the grass bank to store the bins in.... I know... don't all get excited at once. Apart from that the venue department (along with the aid of a bit of exec handywork) have converted the pit bar and the can bar in Room 1 into proper stylish bars now, replacing just the standard fridges, so it all looks well good! JC's is getting a bit of a revamp aswell with 2 extra huge plasma screens going in there, which will hopefully show sport all day, and you will also now be able to order food in JC's in a Wetherspoon's stylee, where you order your meal at the bar and it gets delivered to your table! The menu looks awesome and hopefully everything's gonna cost £2.50, making me a soon to be fat boy.

And that's not even to mention the installation of the country's first ever nasty pumps! There are going to be five to start with at bars around the union, pumping out a perfect pint of nasty and making your waiting time less!!

As for your question, Marc, you're right you do get to view it all at the committee bash next Tuesday night, with free entry for all committees. Look forward to seeing you there!

Take care

Gab

Nasty pumps...wow...my dreams have come true!!! all sounds awesome.
Reply 6
JC's aka Elvyn Bar 2
Reply 7
Hi
I noticed on the freshers site that the hey ewe has all night madness.....I heard a rumour last term that there was gonna be all night madness every wed, is this true or is it just for the foam party?
Z x
Reply 8
ZoeD
Hi
I noticed on the freshers site that the hey ewe has all night madness.....I heard a rumour last term that there was gonna be all night madness every wed, is this true or is it just for the foam party?
Z x

its true, every wed. sorry gab Ill leave you to answer the qus from now on...
Reply 9
nasty on draught. love it.
Reply 10
suppose we should have got jcs to sponser us!
Reply 11
iklemarc
its true, every wed. sorry gab Ill leave you to answer the qus from now on...

Oh my god......midnight madness was crazy, but all night madness.....i think it might be messy...!
Zo x
Reply 12
think i may possibly die.
Reply 13
well thats caus u cant drink for toffee............mmmm toffee vodka drools.............
wats nasty neva heard of it
Reply 15
I read somewhere its lufbra speak for Snakebite which consists of larger (fosters), cider (strongbow) and blackcurrent. the best drink by far....

if its not, well the union should have that on draught too! :biggrin:
Reply 16
technically snakebite and black - and in the union its made using carling/blackthorn/blacurrent if my memory serves me correctly
Reply 17
lufbralex
technically snakebite and black - and in the union its made using carling/blackthorn/blacurrent if my memory serves me correctly

Your memory has obviously been damaged by too much Nasty Lufbralex, we make it using Blackcurrant, Carling and Strongbow.
What's interesting is that we actually have our own Blackcurrent supplier - to ourselves. The company effectly exists to produce Blackcurrent Cordial for no-one other than Loughborough Students Union.
Reply 19
hhahahahahah brilliant.

the true name for nasty is:

DIESEL.

Latest

Trending

Trending