The Student Room Group

Intensive A-level confusion, HELP!

I didn't do as well as expected in my A-levels and have decided to take a year out to resit some of a A2 modules, rather than go to a uni i'm not 100% happy at. I'm interested in doing an intensive A-level but does anyone know any colleges that offer them in London, without the hefty price tag? Also, are you allowed to do an intensive A-level without having done the subject before? The sixth form college i'm at won't allow me to retake my second year so i have to find somewhere else..but everything i've seen so far is too expensive.. so not really an option. Is anyone in the same position .. as i'm going crazy with stress :eek: lol. Btw, i want to do sociology as an intensive A-level; has anyone attempted to do it in one year?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!!!!
Reply 1
I do believe it is possible to do intensive a levels, i have seen them advertised by some universities and colleges. I suppose if you were only doing one and dedicated a lot of time to it then you might get through it well, and there are courses you can do in a year that are equivalent to a levels. I've never done sociology but i do understand there's a lot to take in so you would really need to dedicate quite a bit of time to it, maybe try and see how much time preparing for your resits would take up as i'd imagine they'd take priority. Maybe if i were to direct you to this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=542893
Reply 2
BusyBee188
I didn't do as well as expected in my A-levels and have decided to take a year out to resit some of a A2 modules, rather than go to a uni i'm not 100% happy at. I'm interested in doing an intensive A-level but does anyone know any colleges that offer them in London, without the hefty price tag? Also, are you allowed to do an intensive A-level without having done the subject before? The sixth form college i'm at won't allow me to retake my second year so i have to find somewhere else..but everything i've seen so far is too expensive.. so not really an option. Is anyone in the same position .. as i'm going crazy with stress lol. Btw, i want to do sociology as an intensive A-level; has anyone attempted to do it in one year?

I'm in the exact same situation as you, and I have decided to do an intensive a level. However i am doing distance learning there are a few websites available if you are intrseted
Reply 3
BusyBee188
I didn't do as well as expected in my A-levels and have decided to take a year out to resit some of a A2 modules, rather than go to a uni i'm not 100% happy at. I'm interested in doing an intensive A-level but does anyone know any colleges that offer them in London, without the hefty price tag? Also, are you allowed to do an intensive A-level without having done the subject before? The sixth form college i'm at won't allow me to retake my second year so i have to find somewhere else..but everything i've seen so far is too expensive.. so not really an option. Is anyone in the same position .. as i'm going crazy with stress :eek: lol. Btw, i want to do sociology as an intensive A-level; has anyone attempted to do it in one year?

I was in a similar option to you and really expensive colleges in London are the only option if you wan't to have teaching because you already have Level 3 qualifications and don't need to resit to get into uni. Plus the free places such as FE colleges arent really aimed at helping students get top grades- its all down to you to get them.
I''ve just enrolled at a college charging £4,600 to resit 4 A2 modules in a one term intensive course until January and that was relatively cheap compared with other colleges (Duff Miller e.c.t). The ammount goes down depending on how many modules you resit. PM me if you want more details.

Latest

Trending

Trending