The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I would like marriage to be redefined in british law as between two adults. I would also like to see less bureaucracy and state intervention
Reply 81
Addzter
I would be completely against adopting shari'ah law.

You say that now...you never know, you might change your mind (voluntarily).
lovely_me

That will become the standard sex ed video shown to 16-year-old classes, with follow-up quiz and worksheets.
Reply 83
MJlover
You say that now...you never know, you might change your mind (voluntarily).

I don't think I'd ever be able to justify allowing a system of law to be put in place that chops off the hands of thieves.
In the same place. It wouldn't be Britain without the constant drizzle.

I would like us to have a more co-operative society, rather than one riven by vacuous greed and jealousy. I would also like politicians to come clean about this aim, rather than trying to use economic means. Thatcher tried it and it brutally backfired. Cameron's trying it (through this 'big society' project). He has yet to learn her lessons.
i want britain to be near the equator so the weather is better
Addzter
-Not renewing Trident and instead having a cheaper system more suited to today's threats.

-Legalise cannabis.

-Completely legalise gay marriage.

-Liberal Democrat government in power.

I disagree with you on every single point. :s-smilie:

I'd like to see Britain safe and sound and economically stable, with proportional representation and the Labour party buried deep in the political graveyard.

As a bonus, we could also have invaded France.
Reply 87
OMGWTFBBQ
I disagree with you on every single point. :s-smilie:

I'd like to see Britain safe and sound and economically stable, with proportional representation and the Labour party buried deep in the political graveyard.

As a bonus, we could also have invaded France.

I can understand why people would disagree with some of my points, but you don't believe we should completely legalise gay marriage? :lolwut:
Reply 88
To stop bending over every time America wants a screw.

But then I'm being optimistic.
Antiaris
I would like to see the UK with some morals.

I feel old at 18 when I say this, but I kinda wish we weren't seen as the 'drunks' by other Europeans. I wish we had a work ethic to be proud of. I wish people wouldn't just have ideas, that they would actually live out these ideas too. I wish that equality meant that everyone had the same rights, not that by being a minority your voice is seen as louder. I wish that people didn't feel that they have an 'obligated' role in society from birth.

I also wish people could be a little nicer looking overall, but we aren't going for miracles here.

I feel that this post hasn't been given the recognition that it deserves. I admire this as I feel strongly about all of these views too. I wish people took pride in their work, improve their health and well-being (which would solve your looking nicer problem). To be honest, most people are attractive... they just have too much body fat and all it takes it to lose some weight for people to look a lot nicer.

I love the UK, but I don't like the way it's going... I don't want to put emphasis on the Daily Mail's "Broken Britain" but it makes me sad to see hundreds of people getting smashed off their faces every night in the week. It's ruining the town centres feel and it's giving the world the view that we're a bunch of drunks who are too lazy to work and too lazy to take pride in anything.

I wish the British people were to be more proud of their country... and to get rid of this self-deprecated view on absolutely everything.
Rayel
To stop bending over every time America wants a screw.

But then I'm being optimistic.

Your avatar, it's not from Whitey, is it?

I'd like to see Britain under my thumb.
MJlover
oh wow you actually put that in.

Reminds me of the GCSE 2008 paper where the asked us to describe our dream world. I did one about shari'ah law, got an A hahaha.
Yeah So I'd like to see Britain under Islamic law.

How unrealistic can you get? We're becoming a less religious society every decade.

How can you even suggest Britain should adopt a law where sex outside marriage is punishable? And the 'punishments' for various crimes can range from flogging, stoning, amputation, exile, to execution? What kind of concept is that? Do you people have any sense of free will?

Is there actually any nation under Shari'ah law that is considered a peaceful, prosperous and welcoming country? Please answer.

I am outraged and disgusted you have even proposed this...

Edit: in response to my neg
'Tbh, I don't blame you entirely for your ignorance, if you think it comes down to flogging, stoning, amputation etc. etc. but that is so far from the truth. Or at least what genuine supporters perceive.

Please, stop learning about Sharia from the BNP website / Daily Mail.

Tc.

PS. Look up the UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi), Bahrain, Libya, Qatar, Singapore, Malaysia etc
'

- I never said anything that is not true about Sharia Law. The punishments I named like stoning and amputation are included in that law and I wasn't trying to say this is the only aspect but nevertheless is a part of it I morally can't support.
- Don't you think it's ignorant and deeply insulting of you to imply I am a BNP supporter> It is in fact because I believe in free will and justice I support neither the BNP or Muslim law.
- Please find me a reliable source which proves Sharia Law does not include any of the punishments I mentioned because that is my main problem with it - it's simple barbarism.
- Out of those countries you listed only ONE Libya has Sharia Law so please conduct some research before you accuse me of ignorance and misunderstanding. If you look at this source you will see the countries that have adopted Sharia Law (Iraq, Yemen, Sudan etc) are also at the very bottom of the quality of life index.
Reply 92
With a strong manufacturing industry in which we can utilise our homegrown engineering talent, rather than having it cherry picked by other countries.
lovely_me
Completely secular - no state funded state schools and so on - maybe more like France.

Also, this man for PM:

I would blindly put this man in complete control of this country :awesome:

Agreed! Aww Boris. :love: How much better the UK would be with him as PM.
Reply 94
NikNakWakAtak
Your avatar, it's not from Whitey, is it?

I'd like to see Britain under my thumb.

You must have some massive thumbs!

And I don't remember where I got it from, some random avatar site methinks, what's Whitey?
sadasfa
Most of those people are white.. I also dont see any Asian people :dontknow:

and?
Reply 96
im so academic
Well in five years time it's the 2015 General Election, which I want the Tories to win - outright.

Plus I'll be at university at that time so I hope Britain doesn't cut funding. :puppyeyes:

Lol... contradiction much?
Rayel
You must have some massive thumbs!

And I don't remember where I got it from, some random avatar site methinks, what's Whitey?

I meant as in under my control. :biggrin:

You might remember Whitey from Radio Broker on GTA IV. Or not.
Reply 98
lovely_me
How unrealistic can you get? We're becoming a less religious society every decade.

How can you even suggest Britain should adopt a law where sex outside marriage is punishable? And the 'punishments' for various crimes can range from flogging, stoning, amputation, exile, to execution? What kind of concept is that? Do you people have any sense of free will?

Is there actually any nation under Shari'ah law that is considered a peaceful, prosperous and welcoming country? Please answer.

I am outaged and disgusted you have even proposed this...

I'm actually interested in the response you get to this...
amiparanoid
In the same place. It wouldn't be Britain without the constant drizzle.

I would like us to have a more co-operative society, rather than one riven by vacuous greed and jealousy. I would also like politicians to come clean about this aim, rather than trying to use economic means. Thatcher tried it and it brutally backfired. Cameron's trying it (through this 'big society' project). He has yet to learn her lessons.

Brutally backfired? Shee won 3 consecutive elections with huge majoirites.

Latest

Trending

Trending