The Student Room Group

Changing Exam Boards & Resitting A Unit?

I'll be going to a new college this year and whilst 2/3 of the A Level Subjects I will be doing will not require me to change board Sociology Will.

I understand that you can transfer between examining bodies (in my case OCR > AQA).

I also understand that you can resit the exam.

My question is that I want to resit unit 1. because I got an E in January for that unit (34/80) but Can I still keep my UMS/Grades/marks ect for the Unit 2 In June which I got an A (113/120) obviously I dont want to change that.

Also is there any negative effect this could have on my UCAS application & would I still list my OCR "B" Grade on my UCAS application?
Reply 1
iStudent07

My question is that I want to resit unit 1. because I got an E in January for that unit (34/80) but Can I still keep my UMS/Grades/marks ect for the Unit 2 In June which I got an A (113/120) obviously I dont want to change that.

Yes you can resit the AS unit with OCR in January and then transfer to AQA for your A2 exams in June. Make sure the exams officer in the new college knows exactly what you are doing at the start of term.

see page 11
http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/1259/entry%20aggregation%20and%20certification%2009%2D10%7Efinal.pdf

Latest