The Student Room Group

release insurance if improved remark by 31st

I requested priority remark on results day and firm say they will give me a place if mark improves by 31st (pretty sure the U was because one of the essay marks wasnt added in). Meanwhile insurance uni now says 'firm' - do they know about remark and should I tell them I might still go to my original firm? If I dont are they likely to refuse releasing me to my original firm when remark comes through? If I do tell them they might stop my accommodation or give me some earlier deadline to decide by.
Also is it realistic to expect priority remark by this time?
You should tell your insurance about the remark and that there is a chance you will still get in to your firm.

They wont refuse to release you (they can't) but if they know there's a good chance you will be going elsewhere then they can offer your place to someone else who is currently in limbo. Be careful if you accept a place in halls at your insurance as to what the implications are if you change your mind/go elsewhere - sometimes you have to pay a non-refundable deposit while other times you'll be obliged to pay fees until they find someone else to take your room.

Latest

Trending

Trending