The Student Room Group

Weight loss has left me with no boobs - options??

Hi :]

well i'm not really sure where to post this, because i just signed up today. i know loads of people are probably going to take the piss out of me and tell me to stop 'draining the nhs' etc, but

basically this time last year i was almost 13 stone. i'm 5ft3 (female) so obviosly i was classed as obese. now i'm just over 8 stone. i got to 13 stone through depression and binge eating disorder, but lost it by eating healthy, smaller portions and exercising. it wasn't easy but i've done it. i'm lucky, my skin isn't saggy on my stomach/legs/arms etc. i've got little silver stretchmarks but that's it.
my boobs are just vile though. before i lost the weight i was a 34DD. now i'm barely a B. they sag. i feel physically sick when i look at them and whenever i have sex with a guy i won't take my bra off. if the guy even touches them over my bra i feel like a freak and i have to stop.
my aerola (the bit around my nipple) pretty much fills my boob.. i just feel awful. all i know is i want a boob job so badly to be more in-proportion.. but i dont know if i will be able to get one? how do i go about it? i'm only 18 and i feel like it's stopping me from having normal relationships. i can't leave the house unless i have chicken fillets in but they make me feel even worse..

can only people who are serious reply because i really dont want to get the piss taken out of me it's the last thing i need right now!

thanks x

Scroll to see replies

You're 18. Be thankful you're getting some tbh :yes:
Reply 2
Lots of girls have a B and are happy with that. My sister has an AA. How do you think she must feel if she reads threads like this?
I'm a B!
Reply 4
meisje
Lots of girls have a B and are happy with that. My sister has an AA. How do you think she must feel if she reads threads like this?

Has your sister lost 5 stone? Are her boobs saggy and stretched like mine are from losing 5 stone? no didn't think so. and if she has, then you would know better than post a sarcastic reply.
Reply 5
amyvictoriaa
Has your sister lost 5 stone? Are her boobs saggy and stretched like mine are from losing 5 stone? no didn't think so. and if she has, then you would know better than post a sarcastic reply.

No she hasn't. Didn't mean to sound harsh/sarcastic. But saggy and streched boobs are not the same as no boobs. You should choose your words more carefully then.
amyvictoriaa
my aerola (the bit around my nipple) pretty much fills my boob
That sounds so sexy. :eek:
Wow B breasts are hardly bad! My best friend has saggy DD breasts after having her first child 4 years ago and although they get her down she wears better supported bras and just gets on with it. Oh yea and her stomach has sagging skin and tons of stretch marks which get her depressed too.

Save up for the op if you want it tbh you don't need to abuse the NHS.
Reply 8
Go to your GP and have a talk, what'll happen is they'll have a look and decide whether they look 'abnormal' - obviously your situation is quite different then just having small boobs as you lost a lot of weight. Then more people will have to decide if the situation and your boobs are 'abnormal', if it's a yes you will be offered a boob job.

If you want a good one though I would save up, they will do the minimum possible and will probably just remove the excess skin if anything. Not that it's not worth a try. It's about 2.5-3 grand as far as i'm aware, but I would think the nipple, the size and the sagging are 3 different things. You'll have to talk to someone proffesional to get any real answer.
Reply 9
Tashalls
Go to your GP and have a talk, what'll happen is they'll have a look and decide whether they look 'abnormal' - obviously your situation is quite different then just having small boobs as you lost a lot of weight. Then more people will have to decide if the situation and your boobs are 'abnormal', if it's a yes you will be offered a boob job.

If you want a good one though I would save up, they will do the minimum possible and will probably just remove the excess skin if anything. Not that it's not worth a try. It's about 2.5-3 grand as far as i'm aware, but I would think the nipple, the size and the sagging are 3 different things. You'll have to talk to someone proffesional to get any real answer.

Thankss, its nice to have a actual serios reply, i'll definetly make an appointment with my GP.
Reply 10
jismith1989
That sounds so sexy. :eek:

grow up
Wait, how did you lose weight?!:biggrin:
Firstly, congratulations on your weightloss. It's tough, I know from experience.

As for your boobs, give it a little time -you may find some of the skin retracts on its own and you may grow a little more (I didn't stop growing height wise etc until I was 20/21) but I doubt they'll ever be perky without a little surgical help. If you're desperately unhappy and you feel they're affecting your quality of life, then go and see your GP and explain. I very much doubt that you'll be able to get any surgical treatment courtesy of the NHS, but they'll probably be able to advise you on your options.

Perhaps whilst you're waiting for the skin to retract of it's own accord, start putting some pennies away so if surgery is your chosen option, you'll be able to afford it.
marcusmerehay
You're 18. Be thankful you're getting some tbh :yes:

nice helpful comment. 18 is prime time, what are you on about?! oh, you're a nerd
Joey_Barton
nice helpful comment. 18 is prime time, what are you on about?! oh, you're a nerd

:lolwut:

Care to explain what brought you to that conclusion?
Reply 15
OK, first: congratulations on losing a huge amount of weight. Your current weight is much healthier.

Second: the DD boobs were basically the result of putting on so much weight. You could regard B as your natural size, if you're at a healthy weight. Because you've lost weight they are probably a bit saggier than they would otherwise be - but I think you are far more worried about this than the guy would be.

In terms of firming them up, you could try exercises to improve the tone & size of your pecs, but I'm not guaranteeing miracle results.

I'm afraid if you are dead set on getting big, shapely boobs without putting on weight, your only other option is cosmetic surgery. If you think your breasts are a complete disaster (I'll have to take your word for this), you could perhaps try persuading your GP to refer you for cosmetic surgery on the NHS for psychological reasons - but I'm afraid you're not that likely to succeed (it's done very rarely). Private boobs jobs are not that cheap - but please don't get it done overseas to save money - you have very little control over the results you get, which are often quite unsightly and unrealistic, and there are lots of health risks from inadequate follow-up and poor professional regulation in some countries.

In the meantime, I wonder whether you could try hypnotherapy or books about self-esteem - what you need to realise is that loads of girls have worse problems with their looks than somewhat saggy boobs, and still manage to find decent-looking guys. 90% of this problem is in your mind.
amyvictoriaa
grow up
Learn to take a compliment. :rolleyes:
Reply 17
How about a breast lift? You could surgically fix the aerola to a more proportional size and remove some of the skin so they don't sag...
You're an adult and can do whatever you want. If it really affects your life and your self confidence to the point that you feel like you're not living life fully, then why not do it if it makes you feel better? Wouldn't it be worth it?
Reply 18
Chicken filets, don't they stink?

Anyway - DON'T take cosmetic surgery (implants). It is SO much more convenient and comfortable to exercise with small boobs, but if you get implants, it may hurt, you may exercise less and you'll gain weight again.
If a guy should be so rude to ask you about them, or be so rude to think they're ugly, you tell them it's because the weightloss - and be proud of that!

We girls get so paranoid over our own bodies, guys may not think twice if they see them - they'll just think "MM BOOBS" (:P) and carry on. They know that normal girls don't have boobs like the glamour models.

Very well done with your weightloss btw!
Reply 19
amyvictoriaa
grow up

I'm pretty sure he actually meant it :smile:

jimbo139
OK, first: congratulations on losing a huge amount of weight. Your current weight is much healthier.

Second: the DD boobs were basically the result of putting on so much weight. You could regard B as your natural size, if you're at a healthy weight. Because you've lost weight they are probably a bit saggier than they would otherwise be - but I think you are far more worried about this than the guy would be.

In terms of firming them up, you could try exercises to improve the tone & size of your pecs, but I'm not guaranteeing miracle results.

I'm afraid if you are dead set on getting big, shapely boobs without putting on weight, your only other option is cosmetic surgery. If you think your breasts are a complete disaster (I'll have to take your word for this), you could perhaps try persuading your GP to refer you for cosmetic surgery on the NHS for psychological reasons - but I'm afraid you're not that likely to succeed (it's done very rarely). Private boobs jobs are not that cheap - but please don't get it done overseas to save money - you have very little control over the results you get, which are often quite unsightly and unrealistic, and there are lots of health risks from inadequate follow-up and poor professional regulation in some countries.

In the meantime, I wonder whether you could try hypnotherapy or books about self-esteem - what you need to realise is that loads of girls have worse problems with their looks than somewhat saggy boobs, and still manage to find decent-looking guys. 90% of this problem is in your mind.

This ^^ Good advice! You'll probably also find that wearing a bra during sex is less attractive to the guys than you being confident with yourself and how you are naturally.

Latest