The Student Room Group

Decisions!!!- Post As Results

Unfortunately I have found myself in a muddle about what to do next year! My results were good and I am very happy with them but it has left me with a few dilemmas.

I think my results are good enough for Oxbridge/LSE:

Maths A (C1-100, C2-97, S1 96)
Economics A (Unit 1-95, Unit 2-100)
Physics A (286/300)
Further Maths A (FP1-92, M1-99, M2-88)

GCSE- 11 A*, 2 A

My Queries-

Am I good enough for a top Oxbridge College like Trinity (Cambridge)?
Shall I continue all 4 or drop Physics or F.Maths as I am predicted A*/A in both?
Is F.maths > Physics in the eyes of Oxbridge/LSE?
Reply 1
samprop
Unfortunately I have found myself in a muddle about what to do next year! My results were good and I am very happy with them but it has left me with a few dilemmas.

I think my results are good enough for Oxbridge/LSE:

Maths A (C1-100, C2-97, S1 96)
Economics A (Unit 1-95, Unit 2-100)
Physics A (286/300)
Further Maths A (FP1-92, M1-99, M2-88)

GCSE- 11 A*, 2 A

My Queries-

Am I good enough for a top Oxbridge College like Trinity (Cambridge)?
Shall I continue all 4 or drop Physics or F.Maths as I am predicted A*/A in both?
Is F.maths > Physics in the eyes of Oxbridge/LSE?

read my sticky threads.
but don't do FM, maths and Econ as a 3.
Reply 2
1) If you're doing FM A2 you basically MUST be doing 2 non-maths a-levels. Yes FM>Phys but you can't just leave it at double maths + econ, or you probably won't get in.

2) As for Oxbridge colleges I wouldn't delve too far into the whole business of trying to pre-empt where all the clever people will be applying. Your UMS scores and GCSEs are top notch, I can't imagine there being many applicants with better (plus they'd probably be deeply autistic and wouldn't let the interviewer shake their hand anyway). Whichever uni you choose just go for a college that hits you as a place you want to be. Check their admissions methods and if you can't decide toss coins.

Latest

Trending

Trending