The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Is it too late?

I'm from Sheffield and it was my 1st choice university, however I'd convinced my self this whole year that I wanted to still live at home with my family and commute to the uni - I live about a 10 minute bus journey from the university- but its only really dawned on me this weekend how significant living in halls can be, and especially someone who is already nervous about meeting new people I'm worrying that I made the wrong decision and have left it far too late. I applied yesterday, is there any chance of me getting some kind of accommodation in halls? I wish I'd realised this before hand, it was only after talking to someone who'd commuted in her 1st year and ended up moving out in her 2nd year because it was so hard! What do people think?
Reply 1
There should be, get on it as soon as possible!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
You should be able to get halls. I'd suggest it, living in halls is great.
I think you have made a great decision! I know so many people who have said that it really helped widen their friendship groups and make the most of their expeirences. Trust me, sheffield is AMAZING :smile:
They usually have rooms available or spare, so I think you still have a very big chance of finding somewhere. Don't panic!

Latest

Trending

Trending