The Student Room Group

Oops.

So I sent some emails to prospective universities, and instead of putting them all in the "To:" box, I put one in there, and put the rest in the "BCC:" box.

I thought that meant that the university I sent the email to would only see their email address, but it seems that actually, they all recieved emails addressed to the university in the "To:" box, sparking some confusion amongst them.

What am I like?! :facepalm:

What I mean to say is, good excuses for this?
I replied to one saying "I have no idea how that happened, I sent the uni in the "To:" box an email too, but gosh, I don't know how that possibly could have happened!"
I'm not sure that's the greatest excuse though, so hit me:
Reply 1
Well, if you'd put them all in to "to" box, they would have all seen all of them!

There isn't really a good excuse, but unis know you'll probably be emailing others anyway
Reply 2
Say your email has been messed up recently.
Tell them that the emails to the others were on behalf of your twin, who has the same name (and same grades, if you mentioned them). Terrible ****-up with regard to copying the email and whatnot.
Reply 4
Revolution is my Name
Tell them that the emails to the others were on behalf of your twin, who has the same name (and same grades, if you mentioned them). Terrible ****-up with regard to copying the email and whatnot.

My evil twin?
Reply 5
Mann18
My evil twin?

no... your retarded one :p:
Reply 6
Samrout
no... your retarded one :p:

Here come the jokes :p:

Thank God I didn't **** up royally though, I didn't send 3 of my 5 choices a letter thankfully.
Reply 7
What exactly did you email and what exactly was their confused reply?
Reply 8
Mann18
So I sent some emails to prospective universities, and instead of putting them all in the "To:" box, I put one in there, and put the rest in the "BCC:" box.

I thought that meant that the university I sent the email to would only see their email address, but it seems that actually, they all recieved emails addressed to the university in the "To:" box, sparking some confusion amongst them.

What am I like?! :facepalm:

What I mean to say is, good excuses for this?
I replied to one saying "I have no idea how that happened, I sent the uni in the "To:" box an email too, but gosh, I don't know how that possibly could have happened!"
I'm not sure that's the greatest excuse though, so hit me:

Urgh, tell them you created a contact group called "Universities" and instead of putting just them in to the "To" box you must have clicked "Add all contacts" etc etc.
Reply 9
Cicerao
What exactly did you email and what exactly was their confused reply?

My email: Asking if my lack of an A* would be a problem, what they want from people taking gap years.

Their email: "Dear Mann18,
I have noticed that you addressed your email to the Undergraduate Admissions Office at "To:" University. This is the Law Department at "BCC:" University.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Best wishes,
Law Tutor"
Reply 10
Mann18
My email: Asking if my lack of an A* would be a problem, what they want from people taking gap years.

Their email: "Dear Mann18,
I have noticed that you addressed your email to the Undergraduate Admissions Office at "To:" University. This is the Law Department at "BCC:" University.
Please let me know if you need any further assistance.
Best wishes,
Law Tutor"

:rofl:

Tell them that you are enquiring about several universities and that you did intend to email them. There are 5 options, for goodness sake, they're not going to expect you to only apply for them. :p:
Reply 11
Cicerao
:rofl:

Tell them that you are enquiring about several universities and that you did intend to email them. There are 5 options, for goodness sake, they're not going to expect you to only apply for them. :p:

That's exactly what I did :p:
Reply 12
Any humourous comments left?

Latest