The Student Room Group
Depends what you want to apply for, where exactly you want to apply to, your GCSEs and your predicted grades.
don't worry, at AS I got ABCC and have come out of a-levels with A*AB and had offers from places like Durham and King's. Upper sixth was a LOT of hard work but you can do it if you remain focused.
If I were you I'd drop the one you got an E in, and just work on getting the two Cs up. It will be hard but it is possible. what subjects are these in btw?
Reply 3
bottom end of the Russel Group is still viable, however depends on the course you want to do and where exactly!? x
Reply 4
I got BCCDE at AS, and A*A*A at A2.
Work hard and turn it around, you'll be fine. Some unis (such as cambridge) make you disclose all of your resits, but most don't, you should still be able to get in if you work hard.
Might have to wait another year and reapply with top grades though, rather than with predictions.
It'll all turn out alright. :smile:
Scallym
I got BCCDE at AS, and A*A*A at A2.
Work hard and turn it around, you'll be fine. Some unis (such as cambridge) make you disclose all of your resits, but most don't, you should still be able to get in if you work hard.
Might have to wait another year and reapply with top grades though, rather than with predictions.
It'll all turn out alright. :smile:

did you take a year out? how did you get from a C to A* exactly?

thanks
whisperings
don't worry, at AS I got ABCC and have come out of a-levels with A*AB and had offers from places like Durham and King's. Upper sixth was a LOT of hard work but you can do it if you remain focused.
If I were you I'd drop the one you got an E in, and just work on getting the two Cs up. It will be hard but it is possible. what subjects are these in btw?

i sent you a pm =)
Reply 7
High As A Kite
did you take a year out? how did you get from a C to A* exactly?

thanks

I didn't take a year out, but i resat pretty much every exam for the three i carried on. I'd done no work at all during my first year, so it was a lot of stuff to cover, but the material's not hard if you put a bit of effort in.
Which unis where you thinking?
Which subjects have you taken?
Reply 8
I got CCC at AS, i redid all three papers in Jan and went to ABB and got offers from places like Sussex, Southampton, Kent etc. Unfortunately A2 was a different story, but meh :/

My point is, you can turn it around and if you drop the subject you get an E in, and focus on getting the other ones up - you'll comfortably make top 20 I think. Just work hard and don't lose focus, also start revision EARLY. Sometimes people underestimate the jump from AS to A2, for me this jump was much bigger than that of GCSE to AS.
Scallym
I didn't take a year out, but i resat pretty much every exam for the three i carried on. I'd done no work at all during my first year, so it was a lot of stuff to cover, but the material's not hard if you put a bit of effort in.
Which unis where you thinking?
Which subjects have you taken?

hey, i sent you a pm =}

Latest

Trending

Trending