The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently at RHUL studying Psychology and honestly, London is a lot closer than you think. For someone who comes from Wales and getting the train to Cardiff from my home town takes about 45 minutes....to get to London in 45 minutes is amazing! And 45 minutes sounds like a long time but it's not at all...it goes really quickly. Egham is pretty boring to be honest but you don't even need Egham when you're surrounded by a beautiful campus, Windsor, Staines - much better than I ever expected and London isn't too far. I went to China Town the other night with my parents and managed to get back from London in literally half an hour without any traffic! Also, I'm pretty much get in here as soon as you can because the Psychology department is improving tenfold and they're going to need to raise their grades - it's currently 8-10 applicants per place at the moment and that comes right from the Head of Psychology xxx
Currently almost finished my application! Surrey, RHUL, Plymouth, Gloucestershire and Bath Spa. Just not looking forward to the 3 month wait for rejections/offers :frown:
Reply 62
I just sent my application to my referee. Feeling nervous already and its not even been sent off properly yet :s-smilie:

But I went to the Reading Open Day yesterday and really didn't like it, which sorted out the rest of my choices for me.
Good Luck Everyone :biggrin:
Reply 63
hyper-maniac92
Just wanted to know if people had started their UCAS applications yet and where you were thinking of applying to :smile:

Good Morning! :biggrin:
I'm looking at applying for Psychology for 2011 entry! My current choices are:
Glamorgan, Gloustershire, Keele and Sheffield Hallam however I am currently researching into a fifth choice but I have no idea what it will be at the moment! :smile: Which uni's have you applied to?

xx
Sianelly
Glamorgan, Gloustershire, Keele and Sheffield Hallam however I am currently researching into a fifth choice but I have no idea what it will be at the moment! :smile: Which uni's have you applied to?

xx

hiiii :smile: i keep changing my mind lol but at the moment my five choices are: portsmouth, essex, nottingham trent, kingston + southampton solent. However I'm still considering plymouth and UCLAN.
Sent mine off an Friday...eeek!
Reply 66
hyper-maniac92
hiiii :smile: i keep changing my mind lol but at the moment my five choices are: portsmouth, essex, nottingham trent, kingston + southampton solent. However I'm still considering plymouth and UCLAN.

I keep changing my mind also! I have emailed Portsmouth and Plymouth today to see whether they would accept my A level grades and include my AS level. (I am currently on a gap year)

Are you applying to study the BSc Psychology single honours? :biggrin:

xx
Anyone going to the Plymouth open day on the 16th? :smile:
Sianelly
I keep changing my mind also! I have emailed Portsmouth and Plymouth today to see whether they would accept my A level grades and include my AS level. (I am currently on a gap year)

Are you applying to study the BSc Psychology single honours? :biggrin:

xx

Yes i'm applying for Bsc psychology single honours :biggrin: but at uni of portsmouth I may apply for forensic psychology as that course is also accredited by the BPS.
Sianelly

xx

Hey for your Keele choice how have you included the subject your doing with psychology into your ps? Because fo Keele I'm considering psychology and sociology, and I don't know how to mention it in my ps :frown:
Reply 70
mehhh.....hi.
Hey for your Keele choice how have you included the subject your doing with psychology into your ps? Because fo Keele I'm considering psychology and sociology, and I don't know how to mention it in my ps :frown:

Hello! :biggrin:

I am getting my old tutor to have a look through my personal statement to see how I could fit it in, as i've gone over my 47 lines limit.. I haven't even wrote about my gap year! :s-smilie:

It might be worth speaking to your tutor or UCAS co-ordinator? They should be able to help you alot!

Good luck with your application! What other uni's have you applied for?

xx
Sianelly
Hello! :biggrin:

I am getting my old tutor to have a look through my personal statement to see how I could fit it in, as i've gone over my 47 lines limit.. I haven't even wrote about my gap year! :s-smilie:

It might be worth speaking to your tutor or UCAS co-ordinator? They should be able to help you alot!

Good luck with your application! What other uni's have you applied for?

xx

Yeah I think I'll ask my tutors advice on what to do about adding sociology in. I'm thinking of applying to Stirling, Dundee, Keele, Lancaster and my other choice I'm not sure about :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 72
Abnegation
I'm applying this year :smile: So far I'm applying to Kent, Surrey, RHUL and Nottingham, though I'm not sure about the fifth. Either Goldsmiths or Oxford Brookes, I'm thinking. Anyone know which is better for psychology?

I'm off to Kent next September, have an unconditional offer :smile:
The place is just gorgeous! can't wait to go now to be honest.
My application got to UCAS on 30th September :s-smilie: Applying for Psych (c800) at Derby, Nottingham Trent and Durham, Applied Psych at Durham and Educational Studies w/Psych at Keele
Reply 74
CharlieT247
My application got to UCAS on 30th September :s-smilie: Applying for Psych (c800) at Derby, Nottingham Trent and Durham, Applied Psych at Durham and Educational Studies w/Psych at Keele

Most universities won't give out offers for a couple of months yet. I remember waiting for mine over christmas.
Katie_louise
Most universities won't give out offers for a couple of months yet. I remember waiting for mine over christmas.

Argh the wait sounds agonising! All part of the process I suppose :p: but still... its gonna drive me mad! :biggrin:
Pheebs1201
Argh the wait sounds agonising! All part of the process I suppose :p: but still... its gonna drive me mad! :biggrin:

Ay, me too!!! With Durham I'll be surprised to hear anything until at least Feb/March but not sure about the others. Am trying (but failing miserably) to forget my app's been sent :yep:
CharlieT247
Ay, me too!!! With Durham I'll be surprised to hear anything until at least Feb/March but not sure about the others. Am trying (but failing miserably) to forget my app's been sent :yep:

Thats the same with Warwick... its gonna be months! arghhh....

GOOD LUCK! :smile:
He He... you too :wink:
Reply 79
This waiting is driving me crazy already :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest