Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Italy?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm having some doubts about International Business degrees, since I didnt completely understand what this degree stands for. But, if I understood right, it's all about economy, so i'm not so sure anymore whether i'd like to study it or not.

It's all messed up.

Btw, while i was in china I achieved a HSK degree but I dont have a clue where i should say it - in the ucas form, i mean. I thought it was in education, but i've never studied in the university where i took my grade, i just did the exam there. Soo... where do you think i should report it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saya_Zhao)
    Do you guy know what UCAS means with "Education"?
    indicare che scuole superiori hai fatto o se hai altre lauree
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_valrus)
    Can I ask a question? How will you manage for the reference in the UCAS application process?
    io me le inventai di sana pianta
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShadowPuppet)
    I'd like to ask you something guys... How come you've all decided to go to study in England? !
    sun, girls, food... that's it
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricco)
    io me le inventai di sana pianta
    And they didn't check them to see if they were true? Or at least contact the person you put as referee?

(non le hanno controllate?)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saya_Zhao)
    I'm having some doubts about International Business degrees, since I didnt completely understand what this degree stands for. But, if I understood right, it's all about economy, so i'm not so sure anymore whether i'd like to study it or not.

It's all messed up.

Btw, while i was in china I achieved a HSK degree but I dont have a clue where i should say it - in the ucas form, i mean. I thought it was in education, but i've never studied in the university where i took my grade, i just did the exam there. Soo... where do you think i should report it?
    I think you should definitely insert them in education. I too have a few certifications I got in Australia (i just did the exams without attending) and I put them under education.

By the way I see that you have applied to both international relations degrees and international business. They are totally different (I'm applying to international relations degree): from what I know international business degrees have a lot of economy and business subjects and they deal mostly with international commercial transactions. For example in an international business degree usually you would usually study business operations, export, import, trade controls, tariffs, tax, foreign operations, monetary issues, foreign exchange, international business policy, customs and excise, and international financial transactions
    But the exact subjects change according to the university.

International relations instead deals with totally different subjects
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrespi)
    For example in an international business degree usually you would usually study business operations, export, import, trade controls, tariffs, tax, foreign operations, monetary issues, foreign exchange, international business policy, customs and excise, and international financial transactions
    But the exact subjects change according to the university.

International relations instead deals with totally different subjects

Gosh, I love you! Thanks so much, you're really saving me. I had the impression they were two completely different subjects, but no one here was able to make a comparison or describe what international business is about (and because the unis web sites' are... well, they are what they are.)
    So thanks REALLY a lot
    Okay, i'm happy to say i'm ready to send my application
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, my name's Ludovico and I really can't wait to receive my offers :p: I sent off my application on the 27 sept so it's been a while since i did it and i'vent heard back yet I'm attending a Liceo Scientifico PNI and I hope that unis will be lenient with grades because i don't know if i've aimed too high xD I'd like to study International Business Too how did u get entry requirements for your course? I had to phone/email each uni.. it was really stressful... what's ur plan B in case u dont get in british unis?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ludo92)
    Hi everyone, my name's Ludovico and I really can't wait to receive my offers :p: I sent off my application on the 27 sept so it's been a while since i did it and i'vent heard back yet I'm attending a Liceo Scientifico PNI and I hope that unis will be lenient with grades because i don't know if i've aimed too high xD I'd like to study International Business Too how did u get entry requirements for your course? I had to phone/email each uni.. it was really stressful... what's ur plan B in case u dont get in british unis?
    For the requirements (diploma di esame di stato/maturità con un certo voto minimo e certificazione ielts) I found them on the websites of each university for a few of them, for the others i emailed them and waited their answer.

I'm applying also to a few Ireland universities (university of limerick and probably also Dublin city University), just in case I get a rejection from all my UK choices.

Anyway I sent the application on 7 September, so for me it's been more than a month. I checked the topics of the last year and it seems the universities I have chosen don't give offers before early-mid november. So i will probably still have to wait a while.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mh i'm quite worried. I'm reading in other topics in this forum, that tuition fees from 2012 could be increased a lot (i have read something like 6.000 or even a lot more for some universities). I really hope it will not be the case or at least that it will be only for students from the following year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We're lucky, the tutition fees increase won't affect us
    I feel very lazy, compared to you, guys.. :O
    It's the end of October, and my statement and reference are very unlikely to be completed soon..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    And they didn't check them to see if they were true? Or at least contact the person you put as referee?

(non le hanno controllate?)
    two years ago I was able to write my own reference, but last year the UCAS doesn't let me and redirect it to my personal tutor in college.

However, I'm Italian too, studying Photojournalism at University of the Arts London
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ciao bella gente!
    I sent my application on the 12th of October and now I'm just waiting. Fingers crossed all the time and like 50-times-a-day checking Track! I just hope not to be rejected and end up in an italian Uni!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am too checking Track nearly every hour.
    By the way today I received my third Acknowledgment email, this time from university of Hull.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am too checking Track everyday.
    By the way today I received my third Acknowledgment email, this time from university of Hull.
    what are you applying for? what universities?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sylvie92)
    what are you applying for? what universities?
    - Aston University, Birmingham (A80)
    International Relations and Public Policy & Management (LL2K)

- University of Bath (B16)
    Politics with International Relations (L290)

- The University of Hull (H72)
    War and Security Studies (L252)

- The University of Salford (S03)
    Security Studies and Arabic (LQ44)

- University of Westminster (W50)
    International Relations and Chinese (LT2C)

Already received 3 acknowledgments, but still no offer. Bath is my first/main choice.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    guys, it's not necessary to track the status everyday, once there is a change ucas will send you an email for inform you about it. It is unlikely however to receive any offers before having an interview.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesg984)
    guys, it's not necessary to track the status everyday, once there is a change ucas will send you an email for inform you about it. It is unlikely however to receive any offers before having an interview.
    Interview? Most (if not all) people I heard from unis of my choices (at least for my courses in int. relations) didn't have an interview last year, but it's true that my choices apart from bath and aston aren't very competitive. (a few unis, including bath, even told me they don't usually do interviews to their applicants).
    Hope no interview for me, because going to england just for the interview, would mean to spend a huge amount of money.

By the way in the general forum I heard that ucas sends automatic e-mail notifications only twice a day (morning and afternoon). So by checking compulsively, you could know immediately a few hours earlier (since in theory it sends automatic emails only in morning and afternoon). It's a good way to spend time anyway XD.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interview? Most (if not all) people I heard from unis of my choices (at least for my courses in int. relations) didn't have an interview last year, but it's true that my choices apart from bath and aston aren't very competitive. (a few unis, including bath, even told me they don't usually do interviews to their applicants).
    Hope no interview for me, because going to england just for the interview, would mean to spend a huge amount of money.

By the way in the general forum I heard that ucas sends automatic e-mail notifications only twice a day (morning and afternoon). So by checking compulsively, you could know immediately a few hours earlier (since in theory it sends automatic emails only in morning and afternoon). It's a good way to spend time anyway XD.
    I think perhaps Westminster will ask you to attend to an interview because I was applying there last year for another course and they asked me to go.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 20, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.