Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Italy?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm an Italian applicant for 2011! Wow am I getting nervous! I still haven't applied to any uni's yet because I'm scared I won't make the right choice and aim too him, or too low. I've live a good part of my life in Italy, but I mostly grew up in Australia, so it seemed natural for me to go to Uni in the Uk!

I'm going to apply for International Relations or International Development possibly at Lancaster, Durham, Nottingham, Edinburgh, and Exeter. My actual back up Uni is the Università di Bologna, which is why I don't think I will include any real low choice.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi se ne frega)
    I'm an Italian applicant for 2011! Wow am I getting nervous! I still haven't applied to any uni's yet because I'm scared I won't make the right choice and aim too him, or too low. I've live a good part of my life in Italy, but I mostly grew up in Australia, so it seemed natural for me to go to Uni in the Uk!

I'm going to apply for International Relations or International Development possibly at Lancaster, Durham, Nottingham, Edinburgh, and Exeter. My actual back up Uni is the Università di Bologna, which is why I don't think I will include any real low choice.
    Continuo a non capire perché parliamo in inglese. Btw, my backup choice is LUISS, Scienze Politiche, and I hope I won't end up there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scienze Politiche is what I'll end up doing at Bologna if I get rejected, LUISS and la Sapienza aren't too bad either but I don't really like Rome.

Parliamo in inglese perchè così tutti possano leggere, anche quelli che non parlano l'italiano! Almeno penso... per me è uguale
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scienze Politiche is what I'll end up doing at Bologna if I get rejected, LUISS and la Sapienza aren't too bad either but I don't really like Rome.

Parliamo in inglese perchè così tutti possano leggere, anche quelli che non parlano l'italiano! Almeno penso... per me è uguale
    LUISS is quite good actually, but la Sapienza nowadays is just...awful. Bologna is great though, pretty like it, but living in Rome and having the chance to go to LUISS, I don't think that I'd move to another italian city.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know I heard from some friends that do medicine at la Sapienza that it's really horrible, they have to go there like 2 hours before class just to get a seat! I don't think that I could get used to life in such a big town like Rome! I really like it there, maybe more as a city then Bologna, and it's also closer to home, but it's just too big and messy for me!

I just hope I can into a UK uni!
    Did you guys take the IELTS or TOEFL?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just received an Offer from University of Hull. I'm really happy. Now I'm waiting for the other 4.

P.S.: I took the IELTS test.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    No but I wish I was Italian and follow the politics/culture quite closely!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So i received a conditional offer. The condition is to send a certified copy of my high school diploma. Do you think that my old school can provide me a certificate for it?

In pratica ho ricevuto un offerta e la condizione è di spedire una copia certificata del mio diploma di maturità (che ho preso svariati anni fa). Secondo voi la scuola può rilasciare un certificato che lo attesti?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrespi)
    So i received a conditional offer. The condition is to send a certified copy of my high school diploma. Do you think that my old school can provide me a certificate for it?

In pratica ho ricevuto un offerta e la condizione è di spedire una copia certificata del mio diploma di maturità (che ho preso svariati anni fa). Secondo voi la scuola può rilasciare un certificato che lo attesti?
    I'm sure your old school can provide you with a transcript. Have you lost the original certificate? If you haven't just pop down to the circoscrizione and get them to certify it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    LUISS, Sapienza, Bologna, Bocconi etc Nessuno considera mai la Normale di Pisa? In Italia alcuni centri di eccellenza esistono.
    Io vengo da una famiglia mista e non ho mai escluso l'univerista' italiana a priori. Penso che se avessi continuato con la musica classica ed il canto o mi fosse piaciuta l'arte o l'architettura avrei seriamente considerato tornarci per gli studi. Purtroppo alla ricerca scientifica non viene dato molto spazio e ha un futuro poco roseo quindi ho fatto domanda qui in UK.
    Good luck to all.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ciao tutti. Sono italiano mezzo, Ho bisogno di praticare il mio italiano.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Uhao, today is a good day. Just received my second offer. This time it is an UNCONDITIONAL offer from Westminster for International relations and Chinese.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm half, is that good enough?

Sadly I can't write it but I can speak it =/
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    here i am
    i'm applying to oxford for math ! (yes only one choice!)

i'm from rome
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bella Italia! i'm an italophile and am hoping on getting on a history course in which I can learn italian and get sent to Italy for a time. Your culture is so rich and full of passion. Your people so friendly, your food, and your women so beautiful just to warn you, compared to italians, british people are a LOT more reserved and less expressive (generally) Our pride in our family and our country is also very different indeed....
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Today I got my first rejection from University of Bath. So sad.

At least I already got an unconditional from Westminster and a conditional offer from Hull (so I'm safe). Still quite a sad day, Bath was my second choice between all my possibilities.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm back.
    I cleared my mind and now I'm sure about my choices, ready to send my application. I just need my referee's letter, and that all!

(Original post by Lemming69)
    Bella Italia! i'm an italophile and am hoping on getting on a history course in which I can learn italian and get sent to Italy for a time. Your culture is so rich and full of passion. Your people so friendly, your food, and your women so beautiful just to warn you, compared to italians, british people are a LOT more reserved and less expressive (generally) Our pride in our family and our country is also very different indeed....
    Have you ever been to Italy? Dunno, I kinda see my home country in a reeeaaally different way. And well... after China I'm not scared anymore by reserved people. But thanks for the advice
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andrespi)
    Today I got my first rejection from University of Bath. So sad.

At least I already got an unconditional from Westminster and a conditional offer from Hull (so I'm safe). Still quite a sad day, Bath was my second choice between all my possibilities.
    I'm sorry to hear that, I heard the politics course at Bath can be quite hard to get into, which is why I prefered not to apply there for international relations, seeing as my grades aren't stellar!

Do you mind asking you how much you got for your Esame di Stato?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saya_Zhao)
    I'm back.
    I cleared my mind and now I'm sure about my choices, ready to send my application. I just need my referee's letter, and that all!

Have you ever been to Italy? Dunno, I kinda see my home country in a reeeaaally different way. And well... after China I'm not scared anymore by reserved people. But thanks for the advice
    yeh ive been lazio, umbria, tuscany (central mostly). we have family friends in a town on the coast near roma and we've stayed with them a few times, as well as a few other holidays. I think its the history and the general culture which attracts me the most. Apart from that though I am content with england. There are no berlusconi's in england The only obvious cultural traditions we have here which are alien to most is the pub environment. And also our system of etiquette- but foreigners aren't expected to conform to these haha

i don't think i'd want a permanent residence in italy but a holiday home during the winter would be great so i can escape our aweful weather.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that, I heard the politics course at Bath can be quite hard to get into, which is why I prefered not to apply there for international relations, seeing as my grades aren't stellar!

Do you mind asking you how much you got for your Esame di Stato?
    73/100 (it's quite low I know), but I also have done a course (in social sciences) at open university (online university). So i hoped it would help. Well anyway I already got two other offers (and waiting for other 2).
    Just a few days ago I read that at bath last year (only for politics and int. rel. course degree) there were over 500 applicants and about only 45 places were available; don't know if it's true but there seems to be a lot of competition for Bath.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 18, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.