The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 1
they will have, but if your laptop can run one set a free one up anyway, that way you can stop any unauthorised outgoing connections form any spyware you might download.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
my laptop which is coming on friday says its wireless ready...but does this mean i need to buy a usb wireless network adapter?
Reply 3
Econ4m1t
my laptop which is coming on friday says its wireless ready...but does this mean i need to buy a usb wireless network adapter?

No, you'll have one inbuilt in the computer. There's apparenly a wireless signal in most of the main UCL buildings, but if you want to be wireless in your halls you're likey to need your own wireless hub (not usb - generally fairly expensive) which you would plug into the port in your wall.

Which brings me to another (theoretical) point. Would there be anything to stop a few people getting together and buying access for one computer in halls, and then sharing it wirelessly between them, hence reducing the costs for all involved. Not that I want to do it, as you never know what someone could do and claim was you.

Latest

Trending

Trending