The Student Room Group

Possible to do three years of Alevels

the thing is right my cousin has done his level 3 qualifications (A levels) and passed them all, he hasnt recieved a place at uni due to the competition banter, is it possible for him to carry on with his college doing different alevels being a full time/Part time student whilst applying for the next academic year to uni, is there a charge for this.Help is appreciated.
Reply 1
It will entirely depend on the Sixth Form/College he's attended up until now. Ask them if they're willing to keep him on for a third year doing new subjects whilst he goes through the Uni application process again, or if not could they give him any advice.

If that fails try other Sixth Forms in the area and ask them if they're willing to accept a new student so late, or if they can offer him advice too.

Try Connexions if those fail? Has he tried going through Clearing to try and get a place at another University?

As for 'is there a charge for this?' I don't know, again it may depend on the Sixth Form/College.

Good luck to him. :smile:
Reply 2
Iaveina
It will entirely depend on the Sixth Form/College he's attended up until now. Ask them if they're willing to keep him on for a third year doing new subjects whilst he goes through the Uni application process again, or if not could they give him any advice.

If that fails try other Sixth Forms in the area and ask them if they're willing to accept a new student so late, or if they can offer him advice too.

Try Connexions if those fail? Has he tried going through Clearing to try and get a place at another University?

As for 'is there a charge for this?' I don't know, again it may depend on the Sixth Form/College.

Good luck to him. :smile:

Thank You:smile:

Latest