The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Mark Stiles
I got some from WH Smith. Its their own brand though, so I'm not expecting it to be much cop. Might be pleasantly surprised, though!

me too lol :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
Mark Stiles
I got some from WH Smith. Its their own brand though, so I'm not expecting it to be much cop. Might be pleasantly surprised, though!

I will undoubtely die a happy man now, knowing that he has found white tac! :biggrin: :p:
Reply 22
well if this is the riveting conversation i can expect from the lufbra crew - thank god for alcohol!
pppsttt. i got a doorstop from robert dyas, metal and heavy - so i can batter someone to death if they go on about white tac in halls!
Reply 23
kelamia
i got a doorstop from robert dyas, metal and heavy - so i can batter someone to death if they go on about white tac in halls!

Lol i have to say that is the first time i have ever read that sentence in my life!! And it will prob be the last!!

Am off to loughborough tomorrow guys to prepare for you freshers!
So this will be my last post from home turf!
I hope to meet some of you around in the union or on campus.
Good luck with everything if we never cross paths!!

See ya in the luff!!

steely

:wink:
Reply 24
Go on dudeeee! I'll look out for the guy wearing the high-post-count tshirt... got the best door stop in the world, my 17 and a half stone friend whos helping me to move in...he's off to london met though, so im sure i can convince him to stand on my door alll year round, or at least the first term...
Reply 25
I made my own door stop.

- And it rocks. (well, acutally it doesnt, it just sits there, totaly stationary, stuck under the door!!)

Daniel
Reply 27

whats more amazing is that all the lufbra freshers on here (including myself) will click on that link and go 'wow that is good'
Reply 28
kelamia
whats more amazing is that all the lufbra freshers on here (including myself) will click on that link and go 'wow that is good'

i might be wrong, but from the looks of it, thats one of those door stops you screw into the floor to stop you opening the door too wide and smashing the wall.

Note: Cant believe i'm having this conversation.
Reply 29
Wow....i spent a whole day looking for a door stop and apparently they don't like to sell them where i live........starting to think that maybe i should have done some packing instead considering i'm leaving in the morning.......last minute job i guess......oh welll............lol

p.s good spot on the door stop......does look like the sort that prevents it from opening too far.........the things you can learn from daytime TV....it's an education in itself
I was thinking of making a doorstop by slicing a bit of wood diagnally down the center, am kinda worried about whether there will be enough friction though, is the floor carpet or smooth?
Reply 31
elvyn, at least, is carpet.
Reply 32
A combination of the rule in our fresherspack, and two of the SceamTV things works a treat, incase anyones stuck in there room with the door shut. (sad bastards)

Daniel

Latest

Trending

Trending