The Student Room Group
Unless you're going for Oxbridge it shouldn't affect it at all. I luckily didn't have to retake any Physics modules, but I had to retake a couple of maths ones and the Unis I applied for weren't bothered at all. You shouldn't have any problems, especially with 2 A's!
Reply 2
dont pannick dude. just think. what are your other grades, if they are still like high, you should be okay. Also look at the weighting of the units, if the module with the U is a small percentage it shouldnt matter too much to your overall grade. also, look around at other courses, this can help you decide if physics is really for you. When you go back to college or whatever have a word with your physics tutor. but mainly DONT PANICK
Reply 3
thanks for the encouragement, my mum's gone crazy. but when i submit my application, i wouldn't of been able to retake that unit,as the retake is in january

P.s what grades did you get and in what subjects ?
Reply 4
ahh, similar situation, got an 2 A's in my 2 exam modules, then a D in my ISA module. Overall got a B, and was 1 UMS away from an A
Your tutor should put it in your reference, or you can put it in your PS. You might also be able to put it on the UCAS form with qualifications but its been 2 years since I applied so I'm not sure. I got 3 B's and managed to get to Hull to do Physics. You never know, you might be joining me in a year or so.
Courage Wolf
i've just received my As results, and i've got a U in one of my physics modules. i wanted to study physics at uni, and i've got two A's in the other two modules, and i've been predicted an A for A2. How does the U affect my chances of getting into a good uni? if i retake it, will it still affect me?

Any and all help would be appreciated(i'm kind of freaking out)

On your uni application provide the module grades for physics as well as the over all grade, then in the PS just give a quick mention about the U. It shouldnt affect your chances.
Reply 7
unfortunately my U was in one of the Biggest modules, but i'm sure that if i retake i can get a A for it. ( i hate the electricity aspect of the physics course)
Reply 8
i know i ll snd rude but how could u get U in it ? if you enjoy physics that much surely you would of gone in with your head held high ? lol and as people have said its only oxford and Cambridge that look at re takes, and also you dont have to put ur AS results on your application its your predict grades what go on the application from, so you shouldn't need to worry if you aint going to the top unis :smile:
Reply 9
Courage Wolf
unfortunately my U was in one of the Biggest modules, but i'm sure that if i retake i can get a A for it. ( i hate the electricity aspect of the physics course)

R u by any chance doing OCR A physics?
Reply 10
i think that its edexcel
Reply 11
coolio, if its predicted grades then A,A,B,B is pretty good

Latest