The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Josh.
Geez, your arrogance is beyond me. You seem like such a conceited person.

Yeah.. Welcome to TSR. There are alot of people who are going to **** on you because of your GCSE results.
Reply 21
Josh.
Geez, your arrogance is beyond me. You seem like such a conceited person.

And you sound like a lazy retard.

Let's all hold hands and celebrate our differences.
Reply 22
Wow, some people on here are *********. Not everyone is capable of straight A's.
OP, your GCSE's are not terrible at all. In fact, way above the national average. So well done.
Since you'll have to retake maths gcse, I'd say you should do 3 AS levels alongside it.
Most uni's ask for 3 a-levels, sometimes with an extra AS. So if you finish the maths gcse in your first year then you can pick up an extra AS if you want to.
And as for narrowing down those 4, pick what your best at and think you'll enjoy the most. So combined english, history and one other sound ideal for you. English and History alone open up a lot of courses for you, so don't worry about where they will take you - you'll have a better idea of what you want to do nearer the time of actually deciding.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 23
Tom, listen up you ****er, you can't just come on someone else's forum thread asking for help and begin slating them about their results and tell them that others will do it as well, he is only asking for help, and if you aren't prepared to give it, get lost. He may have still revised his arse off and still got these grades, doesn't mean he doesn't give a **** about learning, and just because he is dissapointed about the grades, what you said first was uncalled for. You don't sound like a 'Benevolent' member to me...
dudeathon
You don't sound like a 'Benevolent' member to me...

Member titles change automatically once you reach a certain number of posts, numpty.
Reply 25
it was a joke, numpty
Reply 26
Maybe stick to humanities not sciences, if you don't know what you want to do at uni and don't need any sciences I wouldn't take them if I were you, because they get harder at a level and alot of people seem to drop a grade in their sciences from gcse to a2.
people on here all think they are geniuses in the making, and dont understand why people unlike them dont bow at their feet.
Your GCSE's are good and you should be proud. You sound really earnest and genuine, and this is a far cry from the arrogance on this website.
You can definitely go to uni with those GCSE's if you get the maths GCSE. I think sometimes people revise hard but not in the correct way, maybe you need to try different methods. Pick A levels you are interested in and communicate with your college about it. I got a D in maths this year ( granted I got A+ in everything else) and they let me do sciences which your meant to get a B in maths for.
</Tom>

Revising your heart out and getting ABBCCCCCDD, eh? You don't sound very academic. You want to go to university to "learn", but you quite obviously couldn't give a **** about learning.

That's a really harsh thing to say! Not everyone's naturally very clever (unlike you, obviously), so i suggest you keep your nasty opioions to yourself.
Reply 29
louiseyoung
That's a really harsh thing to say! Not everyone's naturally very clever (unlike you, obviously), so i suggest you keep your nasty opioions to yourself.

agreed

Latest