The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography or radiotherapy applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
Original post by amani-puresapphire
Hey guys,

I was wondering does anyone have any idea how long UCAS takes to update track? Im getting slightly concerned because I got a rejection through email a month and a half ago as well as an invite to an interview a month ago but none of this is shown on track :s-smilie:

Thanks

one word...christmas :p: I got an interview nearly a month ago...still not updated!
Reply 761
Original post by malipa
Good luck! I have a phone interview on the 16th of feb with them because i'm an international student, tell me how it goes! :smile:

Will do, don't worry about that, best of luck :smile:

Original post by gchaggar75
im stressed about it, what will test be on?

I assume it's just maths and english competency? Don't stress!
Original post by sauce

Original post by sauce
one word...christmas :p: I got an interview nearly a month ago...still not updated!

Ahh I see :biggrin: Ill take my chances then :p:

Thanks!
Reply 763
Hi everyone.
Not good. Got my first response about getting on a radiotherapy course and it was a rejection from liverpool. should i be worried or has anyone else applied to liverpool got rejected but successful with other uni's?
Original post by dennylane
Hi everyone.
Not good. Got my first response about getting on a radiotherapy course and it was a rejection from liverpool. should i be worried or has anyone else applied to liverpool got rejected but successful with other uni's?

Honestly Liverpool is a good Uni but it isn't the end of the world. They are so popular and they get a lot of applicants so they can afford to be picky about who they choose.

I got rejected last year by Liverpool and I got offers for all 4 of my other choices. Liverpool rejected me because my predicted grades were BCD and they wanted CCC.

I haven't heard anything yet this year but I am not expecting anything positive from them because they are so picky and fussy and they can afford to be because of the amount of applicants they receive.
Original post by razzmatazz rach
I got my letter from Derby with info about my interview on the 16th of Feb.
It will take 4 and a half hours and include an interview which may be as a group, a written assessment and a group activity...

I am a bit nervous for the written assessment and group activity but I don't mind a group interview if it is a small group of about 6.

Starts at 11.45 and will finish at about 5. With a 2 and a half hour train journey there and then another back it looks like it is going to be a long day.

I got that letter before xmas and that's partly why I withdrew to be honest. 4.5 hours of interviews and tests and a 3 hour trip each way wasn't for me. I thought it would just be one interview as a group as opposed to what it said in the letter. Nevermind hey, still waiting to hear from one more uni so I can hopefully put them as a back up choice but hopefully it won't be too much longer.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 766
Hey guys,

I was wondering does anyone have any idea how long UCAS takes to update track? Im getting slightly concerned because I got a rejection through email a month and a half ago as well as an invite to an interview a month ago but none of this is shown on track :s-smilie:

Thanks

i've only been given interviews so far but it has never once come up on track, i assumed that was normal haha. oh deaar.

maybe mention it to UCAS?
Reply 767
Honestly Liverpool is a good Uni but it isn't the end of the world. They are so popular and they get a lot of applicants so they can afford to be picky about who they choose.

I got rejected last year by Liverpool and I got offers for all 4 of my other choices. Liverpool rejected me because my predicted grades were BCD and they wanted CCC.

I haven't heard anything yet this year but I am not expecting anything positive from them because they are so picky and fussy and they can afford to be because of the amount of applicants they receive.

cheers mate. just felt a bit freaked there but i suppose stay positive now and look forward to hearing from my other choices. best of luck to you.
Hey guys,

Thanks

I have interview letters and it hasn't been updated on track, i reckon that all gets sorted after we've attended the interviews right? :smile:
Original post by dreaminchicken
I got that letter before xmas and that's partly why I withdrew to be honest. 4.5 hours of interviews and tests and a 3 hour trip each way wasn't for me. I thought it would just be one interview as a group as opposed to what it said in the letter. Nevermind hey, still waiting to hear from one more uni so I can hopefully put them as a back up choice but hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Yeah I think if I was like you and had an offer from Cumbria I wouldn't go but my interview in Cumbria is exactly a week before it so I can't really risk it.

If I hear from Cumbria with an offer before my interview for Derby I will consider withdrawing from Derby but I doubt I will hear from them that quick and the offer would have to be amazing and I would have to be very very sure I could get those grades as right now Derby will be my insurance as I haven't heard from any other Uni's...

I have worked out it will cost me around £60 in travel costs to get to and from Derby.
It only costs me £15 to get a return to Lancaster.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah I think if I was like you and had an offer from Cumbria I wouldn't go but my interview in Cumbria is exactly a week before it so I can't really risk it.

If I hear from Cumbria with an offer before my interview for Derby I will consider withdrawing from Derby but I doubt I will hear from them that quick and the offer would have to be amazing and I would have to be very very sure I could get those grades as right now Derby will be my insurance as I haven't heard from any other Uni's...

I have worked out it will cost me around £60 in travel costs to get to and from Derby.
It only costs me £15 to get a return to Lancaster.

I'm sure you will hear from them quickly. I heard within a week and they kind of know you already so I'd imagine they would let you know pretty quick.

Also £15 return to Lancaster sounds really cheap, I'm amazed. How long does it take you to get there? I'm assuming you're gonna live on campus if they make you an offer at Cumbria?
(edited 13 years ago)
I sent my ucas application in yesterday and got a reply today fomr 2 unis telling me that wont be telling me my offers or if i get in till after the 15th of jan...im really courious now as to how u guys all have interveiws already =/......

all u guys thta have interveiws and such did u all complete work expirence? was it a day?
Original post by MeLoveCupcakes
I sent my ucas application in yesterday and got a reply today fomr 2 unis telling me that wont be telling me my offers or if i get in till after the 15th of jan...im really courious now as to how u guys all have interveiws already =/......

all u guys thta have interveiws and such did u all complete work expirence? was it a day?

Hello, I had my interview beginning of Dec, but then I did send my app in 29th September! I've still not heard yet though if offer or not
I had done a weeks work experience before my interview, which is the minimum that Exeter require.
What uni's have you applied to?

It probably depends on the unis you applied to. Where have you applied? Diagnostic or Therapy? I did one day work experience.
Original post by dreaminchicken
I'm sure you will hear from them quickly. I heard within a week and they kind of know you already so I'd imagine they would let you know pretty quick.

Also £15 return to Lancaster sounds really cheap, I'm amazed. How long does it take you to get there? I'm assuming you're gonna live on campus if they make you an offer at Cumbria?

I have just checked and it has gone up to £16 same day return now which is still great. Also it is £16.20 for a return which allows you to return within a month which will be great when going home for weekends for even when going home for a few at Christmas.

It takes around 1 hour and 15 mins to 1 hour and a half at the most depending on what train I get and where I change.

I plan to live on campus in Waddell Hall. That is where I applied to last year. I paid my deposit and everything and had to phone up and ask for it back...

If Cumbria get back to me before my interview in Derby and it is a reasonable offer I feel I can reach then I will most likely withdraw from Derby because I don't see the point of spending £50 and approx 10 and a half hours when I don't really want to go there...
Original post by kirstylouise79
Hello, I had my interview beginning of Dec, but then I did send my app in 29th September! I've still not heard yet though if offer or not
I had done a weeks work experience before my interview, which is the minimum that Exeter require.
What uni's have you applied to?

Can't believe you are still waiting. I remember we had interviews at similar times and waiting the 5/6 days to hear back nearly killed me never mind 5/6 weeks! Were you in the first batch of interviews then? Maybe they are waiting until all the inteviews are out the way? Have you asked them about it?

If Cumbria get back to me before my interview in Derby and it is a reasonable offer I feel I can reach then I will most likely withdraw from Derby because I don't see the point of spending £50 and approx 10 and a half hours when I don't really want to go there...

I agree. When they made you your offer last year did you get any confirmation of it from the uni or was it just track?

I think it is because it is so close to the UCAS deadline they are just waiting now. I sent mine at the beginning of December and got 2 interview offers by Christmas Eve.

I did a day of work experience in '09 when applying for 2010 entry but I have to do another as Cumbria want a Clinical Visit Form filled in and because my other was over a year ago. I was told on open days that doing another shows enthusiasm and all that...
Im applying to diagnostic at :
exter
cardiff
liverpool
robert gordon

i only did one days worth od work expirence yesterday because i cant find any work expirence whats so ever...i looked for 2 years and finally got one at cardiff hospital...
well done for finding one weeks worth, where did u guys do it?
and what uni are u applying to??
:smile:
Im applying to diagnostic at :

i only did one days worth od work expirence yesterday because i cant find any work expirence whats so ever...i looked for 2 years and finally got one at cardiff hospital...

:smile:

I tried lots of places as well and could only get one day organised but thankfully it was enough.

Quick Reply

Latest