The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

haha seems like such a loaded question tbh
Reply 2
Personally I don't think women are any more sensitive than men, it is just more socially acceptable for us to express it. :ninja:
Reply 3
Seemingly :beard:.....
katherinesmells
And do certain races of women tend to be more emotionally fragile?

Am I the only one to think women are far too sensitive? Or is it just me?

Discuss. (and mods I'm not trolling, I'm hoping to strike up some half decent debate, something these forums seem to be lacking...)

I bloody hope not or we're all doomed! There's gotta be at least a few strong characters of the female gender. I know I'm prone to random outbursts but not crying, more anger and aggresiveness.
yeah that's why they all carry handbags so they can fill them with tissues.
Reply 6
Men ad women express it in different ways. The men im really close to I notice it in. But men seem to be more guarded in who they show it to.
Reply 7
Sabertooth

Ouch! :cry:
Reply 8
Men are brought up to think that showing emotion is not acceptable whereas this is not the case for girls. Some of us become more emotional than others due to hormones but it is dependant on the person. I for one will get upset LOADS more easily but then I am an overly emotional person in general, always have been.

I think you'd find that if it was sociably acceptable for men to show emotions in society you would see a lot more emotional men out there.
Reply 9
It's all in the hormones. Some days nothing phases me, other days I can get teary watching Jeremy Kyle. :cry2:
Sabertooth

Actually I only carry tissues about for either hayfever, colds or if the toilet roll has ran out in public loos.
Women are not emotionally fragile just because they express emotions differently.
katherinesmells
And do certain races of women tend to be more emotionally fragile?

Am I the only one to think women are far too sensitive? Or is it just me?

Discuss. (and mods I'm not trolling, I'm hoping to strike up some half decent debate, something these forums seem to be lacking...)

OMGGG HOW CUD U SAY WE ARE EMOTIONALLY FRAGILE OMGOGOMGGMG !!!!1111shiftone!!11
I think both sexes are emotionally fragile, both can be extremely sensitive about things, but the difference is that women are more expressive...more likely to cry, and therefore make you feel guilty. Men are more likely to bottle it up (so you wouldn't know you hurt their feelings), or get aggressive (causing you to get on the defensive, and blame it on testosterone or whatever, rather than sensitivity). Some could say this is cultural - for example, Italian men are more likely to express their passions than British men.
All women? No. I have met some amazingly strong women.

Me? Yes.
I never get emotional :yep:

It's a womens thing >_>
Most women are. But then you also get the incredibly hard nose bitch.
Bunkd
Seemingly :beard:.....

I agree with most of the choices you have made for the "stupid people" list
Considering she's at the top of the corporate ladder I have to say the latter.
Dude, I swear you had like a million green gems before? What happened? Or am I imagining this? :P

Thanks for the rep :woo:

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending