The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Yeah we should hear either this week or next according to the accommodation office, don't worry :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Looks like you will be sleeping in the corridor then.
Reply 3
mee too just got a call asking if i canceled my application not a good sign
Reply 4
I haven't heard back from them, but i'm not too worried... yet
Reply 5
lets keep our fingers crossed then ... shld be fine :smile:
Reply 6
anyone herd back yet
Reply 7
I still haven't. :frown:
Reply 8
I have yet to hear anything too...

hmmmm:eek3:
I literally didn't get anything about my accom until friday last week - I rang up on thursday - in a panic and they said they would email me they've only just started going through late replys (i was late handing mine in) - then I went on a Facebook group and there was a section about it - and someone suggested checking junk mail as it seems to go in there (I was a little surprised by this as none of my other info on leeds goes in there) so I checked and thee it was! delivered friday the day after I called them.

my recommendation would be A) check junk mail furiously - you only get 7 days to decide after u receive the letter so its so important you keep checking and b) maybe give accom at leeds uni a call - they will only say the same thing to you as they did me probably but it seems a little weird after chasing it I get my accom offer the next day..maybe I pushed them? who knows

Hope this helps x
Leeds is my first choice and I applied on time months ago, my frist choice was Lupton so probably won't be that oversubscribed. BUT I got rejected after results because I didn't meet my offer. I got a remark and it went up and I now have a confirmed place at Leeds, but this was only confirmed on friday. Someone did call before I found out about my remark asking if I still wanted accomodation and I called back saying yes once I knew, and they said something shoudl be sorted next week.

My feeling is they probably threw out my application once I was rejected initially, and I am now being treated as an insurance person and so probably will not get my first choice and may well get somewhere pokey or expensive. Thoughts?
Reply 11
supremebeing
Leeds is my first choice and I applied on time months ago, my frist choice was Lupton so probably won't be that oversubscribed. BUT I got rejected after results because I didn't meet my offer. I got a remark and it went up and I now have a confirmed place at Leeds, but this was only confirmed on friday. Someone did call before I found out about my remark asking if I still wanted accomodation and I called back saying yes once I knew, and they said something shoudl be sorted next week.

My feeling is they probably threw out my application once I was rejected initially, and I am now being treated as an insurance person and so probably will not get my first choice and may well get somewhere pokey or expensive. Thoughts?

In a similar boat as you, missed my offer but got a changed course in another department. The department then emailed me saying I have to reapply for accom which I did and I got an email from the accom office on Thurs that they have my application and will get back "in due course."

As I already applied for accom I am wondering whether they kept my application or I am now being treated as a claring applicant!
SPJC
In a similar boat as you, missed my offer but got a changed course in another department. The department then emailed me saying I have to reapply for accom which I did and I got an email from the accom office on Thurs that they have my application and will get back "in due course."

As I already applied for accom I am wondering whether they kept my application or I am now being treated as a claring applicant!

Yeah everything is really not clear, and it doesn't help that its a bank holiday weekend and nothing is happening. I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow, I don't even have my confirmation letter yet, but it has changed on UCAS so I'm not worried. My insurance keeps sending me things though, and I'm like, seriously stop now.
Reply 13
supremebeing
Yeah everything is really not clear, and it doesn't help that its a bank holiday weekend and nothing is happening. I'm hoping I'll hear something tomorrow, I don't even have my confirmation letter yet, but it has changed on UCAS so I'm not worried. My insurance keeps sending me things though, and I'm like, seriously stop now.

Yeah I still don't have my confirmation letter! UCAS updated, the woman from the department at Leeds is emailing me with term dates but still no letter! I understand they are rushed but they should have really knew that they needed more people before results day, in the accom office and in the departments!

My mate who started at Leeds last year was an insurance applicant after he didnt bother to apply for the deadline as he thought he would get his firm choice. He still managed to get Boddington and he was happy!
Reply 14
Shiny_Lil_Roo
I literally didn't get anything about my accom until friday last week - I rang up on thursday - in a panic and they said they would email me they've only just started going through late replys (i was late handing mine in) - then I went on a Facebook group and there was a section about it - and someone suggested checking junk mail as it seems to go in there (I was a little surprised by this as none of my other info on leeds goes in there) so I checked and thee it was! delivered friday the day after I called them.

my recommendation would be A) check junk mail furiously - you only get 7 days to decide after u receive the letter so its so important you keep checking and b) maybe give accom at leeds uni a call - they will only say the same thing to you as they did me probably but it seems a little weird after chasing it I get my accom offer the next day..maybe I pushed them? who knows

Hope this helps x

I didn't apply late, Leeds was my first choice and I applied for Oxley. I check Junk mail every couple of days but still haven't heard, any ideas?
Just got my accommodation :smile: You should get them by this Friday apparently!
Reply 16
I was in the same boat last year -- they seem to just string it out for no other reason than causing stress and worry. Trust me when I say you should be fine.
Reply 17
I've got mine now too :smile:
Reply 18
Rairhorns
I've got mine now too :smile:

I'm still waiting for mine and applied on time, did you get your first choice?
Reply 19
i rang three times still get the same answer heres to another day and another try 2mw

Latest