The Student Room Group

TSR Football Meets Thread

Poll

Vote for when you can make it

The other thread is at 10k :h: Everyone should come along, I've made the trip down from Scotland before and it's really good fun :yy:

Copied from Jangrafess original thread:

FAQs regarding TSR Football Meets.

Can anyone come?

Yes, we love having new people along and it doesn't matter if you're a new member, a member who doesn't post in football, or anything. You're very welcome to come along and get involved. It'd be lovely if you joined in the matches but really it doesn't matter if you just want to come along for the social side, the pub afterwards, to watch the games or whatever.

What's the schedule?

Generally speaking, we get to the station around 1pm (usually Baker Street station in London, but not always) and start playing round the corner in Regent's Park as soon as we can. The games last between 2 and 5 hours, depending on weather and energy. After that we head to a nearby pub and have a drink and a laugh. You're under no obligation to come to the pub though, so don't worry about that.

I don't live in London.

Make this known and someone will probably offer to put you up for the night. We don't bite. Also, we don't always play in London, so we might come nearer to you sooner or later. We've had meets in Manchester and Liverpool too and we're not adverse to going wider afield.

What's the standard like?

It varies from player to player. As I said though, everyone's invited to get stuck in and no one will be made to feel as if they shouldn't be playing. We're a friendly bunch. It ranges from pretty terrible to very good.

Ross
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:daydreaming:
Reply 2
Interesting, might give this a go this weekend :smile: Anyone going from Scotland?
Lol here we go again :colonhash:
Reply 4
Lol how terrible are you? As in you can't control a ball?
Reply 5
Bismillah
Interesting, might give this a go this weekend :smile: Anyone going from Scotland?

I am heading down from Glasgow tomorrow :yes:
I can now deffo cum to this. :cyber:
Reply 7
Tam_91
Lol how terrible are you? As in you can't control a ball?

Lol. I copied and pasted the original FAQ. I am not terrible, like the person who made the old thread :colonhash:
Reply 8
R-KAM
Lol. I copied and pasted the original FAQ. I am not terrible, like the person who made the old thread :colonhash:

:lies:
:ditto:
Reply 10
R-KAM
I am heading down from Glasgow tomorrow :yes:

What's the general age range of the people going
Reply 11
R-KAM

It's ok to say the truth. :rofl:
Reply 12
Bismillah

17+

Not sure who the oldest is really.

Mastermind`
x

Any idea on the above?
Reply 13
win2kpro
It's ok to say the truth. :rofl:

I am better than the people in the vid you linked me yesterday :awesome:
Reply 14
have fun in the pouring rain, fools :teehee:
Reply 15
R-KAM
I am better than the people in the vid you linked me yesterday :awesome:

Hmm, if I come to one of those meets and am disappointed you will get a slap. :sexface:
Reply 16
That's a point. Due to glorious sunshine up here. I vote we move it to Glasgow for the weekend :yy:
Reply 17
so that'll be a one 'man' meet :moon:
Bismillah

It varies tbh. I don't think we've had anyone younger than 17 during any of my caps. Most people who attend are 17-23, sometimes older than that. It really doesn't matter, an age is just a number. :yep:
Reply 19
I would, but it's probably going to rain...

Quick Reply

Latest