The Student Room Group

2 A Levels and 3 AS?

What would universities think of this? If I went back to my current Sixth Form for another year this is what I would end up with. My only other option is to pack A Levels in and start on a two year BTEC ND.

I'm only talking about applying to mid-raking unis, so would 2 A Levels and 3 AS at hopefully likely BCbbb be alright, or would I be in a stronger position with say a DMM/DDM at BTEC?

Cheers
I have occasionaly read but cant remmeber which about Uni's saying 2 AS can be used as a third A level. but dont quote me on that go find out yourself which unis do that because im not saying ALL and im not saying they are this year.

But if so then your results would be more BBC? 280 points

Or they could very well just take your 2 A levels, which at most you could get 280 anyway with A*A* !
Reply 2
I wouldn't worry, most mid to low ranking unis would still take you.
Reply 3
Well you're not heading for cambridge, but the average (and lower standard) uni's will accept you.
Reply 4
If I went the college route, all going well I should end up with something in the region of 420 points with my current A Levels. However, that would mean another two years. If I went the Sixth Form route I would realistically end up with 330.

Now, 330 points is enough to satisfy the entry requirements of most mid-ranking unis, so 420 is somewhat overkill.

Would a university hold 330 points all from A and AS levels taken over 3 years in higher regard than 420 from a combination of 2 A Levels and BTEC ND taken over 4 years or does this make very little odds?

Latest

Trending

Trending