The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

KMan1
..and how can it be prevented?

Yo, recently i have been getting these too. Started back in like January, when i woke up i thought i dribbled on my pillow but when i looked down it was practically covered in blood. Since then its been happening at least once every 2-3 weeks. Last time it happened was on results day- no idea why it happens though :dontknow:
The most common causes are dryness (often caused by indoor heat in the winter) and nose picking. These 2 things work together -- nose picking occurs more often when mucus in the nose is dry and crusty.

Other, less common, causes include injuries, colds, allergies or cocaine use :biggrin: Children may stick small objects up the nose. Older people may have atherosclerosis (which is the hardening of the arteries), infections, high blood pressure and blood clotting disorders, or they may be taking drugs like aspirin that interfere with blood clotting. Sometimes, the cause of nosebleeds can't be determined
KMan1
What causes random nose bleeds?

The Crazies.
Reply 23
Sabertooth
It goes down your throat and makes you throw up?

thrw up alll that delicious tasty blood
Hey I have nose bleeds all the time. No point having it cauterised, I have had it done 8 times, it was painful and it didn't stop them! Stress, heat and hayfever sometimes cause mine, but most of them are out of the blue. x

Latest