The Student Room Group

What career path should i go down with these subjects?

Recently got GCSE grades:
4 x A*
10 x A
and a B in AS English lit+lang.
Am going to college soon and taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and PE.
Not sure what i want to do at Uni so would like to hear your opinions.....dont think im clever enough to do medicine (wont get the four A*!!) but would like to do something similar with my A level subjects..
Any suggestions would be appreciated! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

xMCx
Recently got GCSE grades:
4 x A*
10 x A
and a B in AS English lit+lang.
Am going to college soon and taking Biology, Chemistry, Maths and PE.
Not sure what i want to do at Uni so would like to hear your opinions.....dont think im clever enough to do medicine (wont get the four A*!!) but would like to do something similar with my A level subjects..
Any suggestions would be appreciated! :biggrin:

Drop PE and take up something more useful, e.g. Physics or Further Maths.

Aways, perhaps: Biochemistry, Natural Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, Zoology

Basically something to do with the Biological Sciences.

To "expand" your degree/career options, do FM or Physics (as said before). And then you can do Engineering, Physics, Maths, Materials Science, Geology etc.

:h:
im so academic

Aways, perhaps: Biochemistry, Natural Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Ecology, Zoology

To "expand" your degree/career options, do FM or Physics (as said before). And then you can do Engineering, Physics, Maths, Materials Science, Geology etc.

Well they would be more useful unless of course you want to learn about PE.
ForGreatJustice
Well they would be more useful unless of course you want to learn about PE.

But the fact that the OP is looking out for career paths implies that he probably isn't set on a PE degree. :s-smilie:
im so academic
But the fact that the OP is looking out for career paths implies that he probably isn't set on a PE degree. :s-smilie:

Are you suggesting doing a PE degree isn't a career path?
Reply 5
ForGreatJustice

haha this is TSR they think anything less than a science is for commoners
If the OP is going to do PE as a career then they probably already have a passion for it and wouldn't be asking for suggestions :smile:

Biology, Chemistry, Maths - think of Biomedical Science, Biological Science, maybe health sciences like Dietetics, Radiography, Sports Science/Physio if you're into PE already. That's off the top of my head, I don't know the exact requirements!
ForGreatJustice

OP didn't imply he wanted a PE career, so there would be no point in him doing PE.
Reply 8
I don't know about a career path, you should probably just look at degrees which interest you. Probably something in the sciences.

TSR can't really decide these things for you.

im so academic

Go away.
Reply 9
Podiatry :u:

More serious answer, look into degrees that interest you and use your AS year to help you decide what your strength is. By something similar do you mean a science subject or a degree that will allow you to work in a healthcare profession?
im so academic
OP didn't imply he wanted a PE career, so there would be no point in him doing PE.

No, but lets see what the OP did say

"dont think im clever enough to do medicine (wont get the four A*!!) but would like to do something similar with my A level subjects.."

So whats similar to medicine? Sports science seems to be quite interested in the human body and how to achieve best performance, and it's a reasonable suggestion.

Of course OP didn't imply he wanted a career in PE, but clearly your grasp logic is flawed if you think "OP didn't imply he wanted a career in PE" is equivalent to "OP implied he didn't want a career in PE"
Reply 11
im so academic

There are a lot of healthcare degrees that a PE A Level would be useful for :rolleyes:
im so academic

The question was "What careers can I pursue with the A-levels that I have chosen to study?" not "What A-levels should I study so I can pursue a career that the user 'im so academic' approves of?"

Just FYI.
ForGreatJustice
No, but lets see what the OP did say

"dont think im clever enough to do medicine (wont get the four A*!!) but would like to do something similar with my A level subjects.."

So whats similar to medicine? Sports science seems to be quite interested in the human body and how to achieve best performance, and it's a reasonable suggestion.

Of course OP didn't imply he wanted a career in PE, but clearly your grasp logic is flawed if you think "OP didn't imply he wanted a career in PE" is equivalent to "OP implied he didn't want a career in PE"

Biomedical Science is similar to Medicine. :dontknow:
im so academic

I never said it wasn't.
Them a-levels will stand you in a good position to apply for Medicine at University, but your a-levels arn't everything, dont just decide your career from your a-levels.. you can change your path through conversion courses etc or doing different a-levels completely.. goodluck with whatever you choose to do.. plus welldone on your results!
ForGreatJustice
I never said it wasn't.

Likewise I never said Sports Science wasn't related with Medicine. (Double negative on purpose).
im so academic

Have you studied either?
im so academic

I agree
im so academic
Likewise I never said Sports Science wasn't related with Medicine. (Double negative on purpose).

I never suggested you did, but you suggested OP should drop PE for something more useful, yet to study a subject such as sport science, just as an example, PE would be useful.

Latest

Trending

Trending