wed 12-1
thurs 9-11, 2-4
fri IN THE PUB
wahoo!!!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Can anyone enlighten me -

1) Are 'seminars' just a small-ish discussion group of students with one teacher?

2) Can one feasibly (as dictated by my timetable) remain productive for two whole hours?
Reply 22
*babyjane*
mon 12-2
tues 9-11
wed 12-1
thurs 9-11, 2-4
fri IN THE PUB
wahoo!!!

i'm taking english as well, but we seem to have a different timetable :confused: i dont as yet have enything on wednesday, and only have 2 hours on thurs?? i wonder why??
Perhaps English is such a huge course that they can't take all students in one lecture theatre...
Wouldn't surprise me at all if they double up.
crazydaveuk
Can anyone enlighten me -

1) Are 'seminars' just a small-ish discussion group of students with one teacher?

2) Can one feasibly (as dictated by my timetable) remain productive for two whole hours?

1) Yep. The seminar leader usually just facilitates discussion.

2) I had a 2 hour weekly seminar for maths at my last uni and it was such a bore. We got a break of 15 mins though which made it a little more tolerable.
crazybored
i'm taking english as well, but we seem to have a different timetable :confused: i dont as yet have enything on wednesday, and only have 2 hours on thurs?? i wonder why??

This could be for a number of reasons:

1) If it's a seminar - these are scheduled on different days of the week to accommodate all groups.
2) English is a pretty popular subject - it may be that the lecture theatres simply aren't big enough.
3) Could be to do with the electives/modules you have chosen.
Reply 26
Mon: 12-2, 3-4
Tue: 12-1, 2-4
Wed: 11-12
Thu: OFF :biggrin:
Fri: 2-3

sweet, sweet timetable. i love humanities.
Reply 27
OMG, I love my timetable so much...

Mon - 1200-1300, 1400-1500, 1700-1900 (Anthropology film)
Tue - 1200-1300, 1500-1600
Wed - 1100-1200
Thurs - 1100-1300
Fri - 1100-1200

Total: 10 hour week!

Earliest Start: 1100 hours

Plus I got the anthopology elective I wanted... :biggrin:
Hey,

Here is my 2nd year timetable for my Spanish and Italian degree:

Total contact time: 12 hours a week

Monday: 2pm-4pm
Tuesday: 11pm-1pm
Wednesday: 9am-12pm
Thursday: 10am-4pm
Friday: Free!

I didn't think it was a bad draw of times; just the one early start, and after all, I am at university to work :smile:

Jordan :biggrin:
Reply 29
Oh my god....

My timetable swaps around every week and is either 17 hours a week or 23 hours a week with all of them near enough morning starts and with no days off.

Oh well
Reply 30
mine swaps around too, but the most i have is 14 hour weeks, and that's only 3 of the first 4 weeks, then i have all 10 hour weeks! this is good. i still have no days off though. but i'm guessing a lot of the time that i have off is gonna be spent on independant study, so in reality it's gonna be more like 30 hour weeks, not that i'm complaining...
8 hours a week, my earliest start is 10am, my latest finish is 4pm, and I have Wednesdays off.

I don't think it's going to kill me :biggrin:
I still, according to Sussex direct, have only 2 hours a week and no tutor :p: Sounds great to me!
Reply 33
I've still got one more module to fit in but so far i have 8 hours a week with Wednesday and Thursday off! Would have preferred a Monday or Friday off but i suppose i'll live :wink:
I got my first choice of electives.

Latest

Trending

Trending