The Student Room Group

Urgent Help please...

I still do not hold any offer from any Uni.
My application is still pending on my firm choice. I missed the offer by a grade. The tutor making the decision is ill, which is why it is taking ages to make a decision on my application.
I am willing to do a foundation course but I do not see any universities offering it anymore.
Is it better to go to crap university like London metro and do the course i wish to do 'accounting and finance' then apply entry point 1 again and repeat the whole year?
If I do not get in is gap year a good idea? I think it will be even more difficult the next to hold a place.
I was open to courses such as business management too but I can not find any courses. I do not want to go outside London.
My place at firm will only be confirmed either in Tuesday or today evening.
They told me if I withdraw my application in morning it will be processed by evening. Is is possible to apply clearance after 31st august too
Reply 1
Clearing goes until the 20th September so you have ages in that case.

I would recommend waiting for your firm to give you their decision.
Reply 2
MikeL230
Clearing goes until the 20th September so you have ages in that case.

I would recommend waiting for your firm to give you their decision.

Thanks for your help... Is it possible to do the course I wish to apply again for 1st year entry in a good University
Reply 3
Chunu
Thanks for your help... Is it possible to do the course I wish to apply again for 1st year entry in a good University

What grades did you get?
Reply 4
dint get good grades at all i missed c in maths by 8marks....distinction in business and merit in ict....
Reply 5
Chunu
dint get good grades at all i missed c in maths by 8marks....distinction in business and merit in ict....

Which university are you waiting to hear from? I would keep with that and call up your tutor etc and see if there is anything they can try to do. Or get your college etc to sort it out for you.

Worst comes worst you have a gap year and reapply, work for a year to earn money for uni and resit that exam.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
If you didnt get good grades, i would suggest you resit afew exams to bring them up as next year will be very competitive.
Reply 7
petzneo
Which university are you waiting to hear from? I would keep with that and call up your tutor etc and see if there is anything they can try to do. Or get your college etc to sort it out for you.

Worst comes worst you have a gap year and reapply, work for a year to earn money for uni and resit that exam.

Good luck :smile:

Thats what I am doing I will wait till tuesday...the thing is i cannot contact the tutor because she is ill....i'm running out of luck lol....I am thinking of calling kingston n asking them if they have any palce on business or management...bcuz the 1st yr cousrse is shared business course...hopefully i would be entered to accounting n finance next year ther are still vacancies on clearing-accounting n finnace...but i'm 20 points short...

Latest

Trending

Trending