The Student Room Group
I was expecting an A* but got an A and my coursework was an A* so maybe the marking was unfair
Reply 2
even though I did edexcel geography I got a B when I should have got an A/A* :frown: I got an A for my coursework and the exam went well, so I don't know what went wrong... :frown: maybe no one can do geography.
Reply 3
AQA are notorious for being terrible

D in GCSE mock, A in real thing

A at the end of AS geography, C at the end of A2. It sense no make,
Reply 4
No.

I was 99% confident I'd get an A*.
Reply 5
Fynch101

Thank-you, that is reassuring. Would you recommend a re-mark, then?
Reply 6
Joey15
Thank-you, that is reassuring. Would you recommend a re-mark, then?

well i remarked two of the A2 papers I did

one went up by 4 marks, the other stayed the same.

Got a C and a D in them if i remember rightly, which then became two Cs.
Reply 7
tehforum
No.

I was 99% confident I'd get an A*.

This definitely
Reply 8
Beanz123
This definitely

Thanks, guys. Well done and everything, but this is a help thread.

Joey.
Reply 9
Joey15
Thanks, guys. Well done and everything, but this is a help thread.

Joey.

What help do you need? Either accept you got a C - everyone has shocks - OR get it remarked. Two Options, Pick
Reply 10
I was 100% confident I'd get an A*. I had full marks in coursework and from two mock exams I had top marks both times...far from the A-A* boundary. I was really dissapointed that I didn't get the A*...but had to settle with the A..:frown:
Reply 11
Actually I was pretty confident with Geography paper and I had an A* coursework folder but I got a C overall. Which was gutting even though I'm not keen on the subject I actually thought I did pretty well and I learnt everything back to front. My theory is how I written my answers. As Geograpy is one subject where your being mark on how you answer the question not just putting the right answer. As a fluent, precise vocab will get higher marks than a basic non-fluent correct answer. I guess we just have to accept the C grade.
Reply 12
Yes deeply shocked that they didn't give me an extra 1% of the marks for an A :frown:
Reply 13
Fynch101

Your right i can never tell with AQA in AS i had honestly thought that i failed unit 1 and got an A but then thought i smashed unit 2 and got a B and the same thing has happened with A2 i thought i smashed unit 3 and got a C :eek3: :confused: :mad: but then thought i had actually failed unit 4A ( triangle graphs + sampling :confused: lol ) and got an A - this meant i got a B overall so i am resitting unit 3 in my gap year :/

Latest

Trending

Trending