The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
lil_lisa86
i think im taking everything but the kitchen sink and thats only cos it wont fit in the car lol!

I don't think I am going to be able to move in my room for stuff! I know I should cut back but......I just can't! I am sure after the first term we will be much wiser and much more frugal!
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 21
im taking one car load on monday - then getting another brought up on saturday

You Can never have enough Stuff
Reply 22
lufbralex
im taking one car load on monday - then getting another brought up on saturday

You Can never have enough Stuff

Said like a true professional.......some of us don't have the luxury of two car loads! As some parents aren't prepared to do the journey twice! :frown:
Reply 23
well, my mum promised to take my brother to alton towers when id gone back (nice of her not taking me!) - so shes going this way anyway (well add on the hour round trip to lboro :smile: )
Reply 24
what time are all the other freshers getting there....esp Elvyn people???.......trying to work out when i should get there.
Reply 25
i started packing this monday and finished that day. i have to take things from my suitcase to wear, lol as for books andfood im still buying stuff cos im going into self catering, the problem is i cant cook! :eek:
Reply 26
andyj72
i started packing this monday and finished that day. i have to take things from my suitcase to wear, lol as for books andfood im still buying stuff cos im going into self catering, the problem is i cant cook! :eek:

LOL - im sure u'll learn pretty quick sharp :p:
Reply 27
well i'm bringing my passport, but then I am going to edinburgh for a weekend in november and i'll need it. as far as everything else goes i am bringing a car load. got the essentials covered....cocktail shaker and mixer, shot glasses, Bailey's glass. CD player, rugby posters...etc!!!
Reply 28
has anyone else been told to bring a doorstop?? or was it just a wind-up??
Reply 29
no one actually mentioned Fridges. Are they allowed?
Reply 30
they have been mentioned here. they are not really allowed, but if you can sneak one in it without the cleaners ever knowing then it will be all good
Reply 31
Deputy
has anyone else been told to bring a doorstop?? or was it just a wind-up??

yup doorstop is needed, cos the doors never stay open as theyr fire doors and weigh a ton...but technically theyr not allowed.
Reply 32
iklemarc
yup doorstop is needed, cos the doors never stay open as theyr fire doors and weigh a ton...but technically theyr not allowed.

Yeha if u do bring one mark it with ure initials cos the cleaners tend to have a doorstop fetish!

steely
can't we just use a jar or something as a doorstop, or are these proper heavy doors that need something a bit more frictiony?
Reply 34
theisticandy
can't we just use a jar or something as a doorstop, or are these proper heavy doors that need something a bit more frictiony?

indeed they are...proper heavy doors that need something a bit more frictiony a door stop is usually the only way. and sometimes they dont even work.
Reply 35
iklemarc
indeed they are...proper heavy doors that need something a bit more frictiony a door stop is usually the only way. and sometimes they dont even work.

Theyre like proper heavy fire door things...and the cleaners use the excuse that if theres ever a fire then they dont want it to spread to your room.
However i'd have exited via my window by then if my life was in danger!

Latest

Trending

Trending