The Student Room Group

Help! :( have I got wrong Uni? What to do?

Hiya,

Basically, I've accepted my insurance choice of Greenwich University to do Film and Tv Production( but its deffered a year and I have a gap year now just working at home), but now all im hearing are bad things about it. Im thinking about withdrawing and applying to another university...

does anyone know any good film courses? (btw I have 270 points)
and how do you apply without UCAS?

I'd really appreciate ANY help you could give me. Thank you.

:cool:
Reply 1
Hi...really not an expert at all on film, but a couple of friends have applied to courses at Lincoln Uni, Sheffield Hallam or Hull Uni. It probably depends what aspect of film etc. you want to do, but since you have a year, you could always go on some open days to see what you think. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Hollie:)
Hiya,

Basically, I've accepted my insurance choice of Greenwich University to do Film and Tv Production( but its deffered a year and I have a gap year now just working at home), but now all im hearing are bad things about it. Im thinking about withdrawing and applying to another university...

does anyone know any good film courses? (btw I have 270 points)
and how do you apply without UCAS?

I'd really appreciate ANY help you could give me. Thank you.

:cool:

Some unis run 'february starts' for some of their courses - if you apply for a feb start, you apply direct to the university.

I know UEL offer this, but so do a few more. As far as specific courses go, I'm afraid I can't help you there
Reply 3
tbh i wouldn't really listen to other peoples opinions as everyone has a different experience at university (happened to me about Brunel that changed my mind). Hpwever, you should go to an open day and see how you feel and whether or not you think you would fit in there etc. However, if you want to stay in London try Kingston :smile: never seen it but a lot of my friends have applied so i'm assuming its alright :smile:
If you liked Greenwich then go there, don't listen to other people's opinions :smile:

Latest