The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Lostwithoutyou
Im not welsh, sorry to dissapoint! I'm english but we've lived here for 8 years :biggrin:

Hmm I'm not *technically* welsh either...but I've lived here since I was 2 so in my books I'm as good as! :p:

Even if you're not welsh....you're from wales...which is still good :biggrin:

You guys had your freshers stuff yet??
blahhh
Hmm I'm not *technically* welsh either...but I've lived here since I was 2 so in my books I'm as good as! :p:

Even if you're not welsh....you're from wales...which is still good :biggrin:

You guys had your freshers stuff yet??

Nice to know theres some fellow welshies anyway :biggrin:

Yea, I got my welcome pack on tuesday and I've had my stuff from unite. Just need to order boiler suit etc from SU now :smile:
Reply 22
Lostwithoutyou
Nice to know theres some fellow welshies anyway :biggrin:

Yea, I got my welcome pack on tuesday and I've had my stuff from unite. Just need to order boiler suit etc from SU now :smile:

Ahh good! Gotta love Mary B :biggrin: I'm gonna miss the place! (apart from UNITE as a company...not gonna miss them!)

Its so exciting for you guys! Trust me its gonna go so fast...only seems like last week I was ordering my stuff from the SU...first year went soooo fast :eek:

Also with freshers...beer drinking is one of the best nights :wink:
c0urtney92
kl guineapiggirl whats your name ill add you on fb if you don't mind. I was thinking of moving in around then too so hopefully thats when most people will x

Hi im Samantha Sabbarton-Wright :smile: i dont think there are many more people with that name on fb so i should be easy to find!
Lostwithoutyou
Hi :smile: I did A Levels at Pembrokeshire College! Whereabouts in pembs are you from?

I went to school in Milford Haven, but I live in Johnston just up the road from the college really!
Reply 25
Im half welsh, half scottish haha. So when do we have to order our boiler suits etc? Hope im not too late, i thought we sorted all that out when we get there and enroll etc. I got my accommodation confirmed today...commonwealth halls woop. Will be given the room number when i get there. So moving up to landan 26th, sometime after midday it says :smile: Any-one else in commonwealth? Oh and where do we get our freshers info etc?
sezie1992
Im half welsh, half scottish haha. So when do we have to order our boiler suits etc? Hope im not too late, i thought we sorted all that out when we get there and enroll etc. I got my accommodation confirmed today...commonwealth halls woop. Will be given the room number when i get there. So moving up to landan 26th, sometime after midday it says :smile: Any-one else in commonwealth? Oh and where do we get our freshers info etc?

You should have ordered all of that from the student union website (http://www.rvcsus.co.uk/shop/) by today. We pick up everything we've ordered when we get to uni then. You should have recieved freshers info now too, I recieved my welcome pack on tuesday with an equipment list etc. We also got a login to the blackboard site which will be updated with timetables etc from Monday.
Reply 27
Lostwithoutyou
You should have ordered all of that from the student union website (http://www.rvcsus.co.uk/shop/) by today. We pick up everything we've ordered when we get to uni then. You should have recieved freshers info now too, I recieved my welcome pack on tuesday with an equipment list etc. We also got a login to the blackboard site which will be updated with timetables etc from Monday.

ahh crap. Ah well, we all get taken there on the Wednesday anyway and then i can use the 10% but ill try call up tomorrow too. Do you have the number that was on the back of the 10% off slip? (I'm not at home). I got my info pack, but no freshers info yet :/ and yea iv been on the blackboard and shall await info on mondayyy. Maybe its worth me calling RVC and saying I havent received any freshers RIG pack from SUS.

I'v just looked on the site now, and I cant seem to find boiler suits? Does everything need to be bought from SUS?
Are you doing the gateway or going onto Bvetmed?
Reply 28
I haven't got the RIG pack either. I thought that was 10% off too but I phoned n she said that is only for hoodies n stuff not the boiler suit etc you have to get that from the SUS. i ended up payin £2.10 more off the Internet than if you order straight through rvc (summin bout admin fees for website provider). I think the boiler suit is what the website calls the overall, hope so any way cuz I've ordered the green one x
Reply 29
c0urtney92
I haven't got the RIG pack either. I thought that was 10% off too but I phoned n she said that is only for hoodies n stuff not the boiler suit etc you have to get that from the SUS. i ended up payin £2.10 more off the Internet than if you order straight through rvc (summin bout admin fees for website provider). I think the boiler suit is what the website calls the overall, hope so any way cuz I've ordered the green one x

haha ok, i can't seem to find a number on the website, do u have one?, if i can still get stuff the wed they take us there, i may still do that, and phew im not the only one with no freshers info :P what hall r u staying in?

p.s what are the majority of people buying labcoat wise... long or short sleeve better?
sezie1992
haha ok, i can't seem to find a number on the website, do u have one?, if i can still get stuff the wed they take us there, i may still do that, and phew im not the only one with no freshers info :P what hall r u staying in?

p.s what are the majority of people buying labcoat wise... long or short sleeve better?

I havent had any freshers info from them yet, just the info pack. I got the long sleeved one, can always roll the sleeves up. I'm doing gateway and staying in Mary B :smile:
sezie1992
ahh crap. Ah well, we all get taken there on the Wednesday anyway and then i can use the 10% but ill try call up tomorrow too. Do you have the number that was on the back of the 10% off slip? (I'm not at home). I got my info pack, but no freshers info yet :/ and yea iv been on the blackboard and shall await info on mondayyy. Maybe its worth me calling RVC and saying I havent received any freshers RIG pack from SUS.

I'v just looked on the site now, and I cant seem to find boiler suits? Does everything need to be bought from SUS?
Are you doing the gateway or going onto Bvetmed?

Sorry to quote you twice, i couldnt remember what else you'd said! The boiler suits are the green overall things. I havent bought my waterproofs from SUS because there 30 quid. I speak to a girl who did gateway last year quite alot and she said she didnt get her waterproofs from SUS either.
Reply 32
Lostwithoutyou
Sorry to quote you twice, i couldnt remember what else you'd said! The boiler suits are the green overall things. I havent bought my waterproofs from SUS because there 30 quid. I speak to a girl who did gateway last year quite alot and she said she didnt get her waterproofs from SUS either.

ah okay, so they don't have to be purchased from SUS, may take a gander on e-bay then. Ok, so boiler suit = overall :L gotchya and yea i was thinking of getting long sleeve better for them cold days and can just roll the sleeves up anywho :smile:
Reply 33
The number is ... 01707666314 and you have to quote 'freshers 10%'
I'm in Mary b. U?
I've got a long sleeved labcoat
Lostwithoutyou
Hi :smile: I did A Levels at Pembrokeshire College! Whereabouts in pembs are you from?

I live in Johnston, just up the road from the college, but went to school in Milford Haven.
matthew131991
I live in Johnston, just up the road from the college, but went to school in Milford Haven.

Weird that your so close to me :biggrin: When are you moving up to london?
Reply 36
Hey guys, i just ordered my clothing, hope it arrives on campus on-time, fingers crossed :L
I was just wonder what your all doing for stationary, like bringing folders, stapler and books up with you or buying it all once you move in?
Reply 37
Bring as much as you can! Stationary/ paper etc wise...its all stupidly expensive in london :yep:
Reply 38
I was going to bring what I have and then just buy the rest in Tesco
Is it just me or is there like ridiculous amounts of stuff to bring to uni? I don't kmow how I'm going 2 get it all there :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending