The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
saddlers17
Sorry if this has already been mentioned:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-black-country-11091046

Is this an amazing achievement by someone so young or does it show how easy GCSE Maths has become?
How easy GCSE Maths has become.

Also, why can a six-year-old do a GCSE, when at fourteen I wasn't allowed?
Reply 2
saddlers17
Sorry if this has already been mentioned:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-black-country-11091046

Is this an amazing achievement by someone so young or does it show how easy GCSE Maths has become?

If you actually read the article, then you'd see she's going to take the A-levels next year anyway ...

If she passes that she goes to Cambridge, but she only got a C at GCSE so I doubt she will. Still a VERY gifted child.
Reply 3
lol C, what a noob
Reply 4
Can you guys read? She's obviously very gifted, and the article said she was supposed to take her A-levels next year anyway.

If anything, she should have got an A+ if she's planning to take her A-levels next year. How did you come to the conclusion that GCSEs are easier? There are such thing as child prodigies that are in University at the age of 11.
geek
Reply 6
It really is piss easy to pass GCSE maths, though. Trial and error, Simultaneous Equations and Long Division / Multiplication - get them down and you just need some lucky guesses to pass.

I had a very good teacher, that said. He really got our exam technique down to a tee.
Reply 7
well isnt this a kick in the teeth

i got a D
Reply 8
She sucks. I got an A*. I win.
Tootles
How easy GCSE Maths has become.

Also, why can a six-year-old do a GCSE, when at fourteen I wasn't allowed?

My five year old could take down your six year old.

http://swns.com/five-year-old-child-genius-passes-maths-gcse-241709.html
Pheylan
lol C, what a noob

stupid guy! C for 6 years old is BIG
Reply 11
dumb **** I got an A
Scroobious
Can you guys read? She's obviously very gifted, and the article said she was supposed to take her A-levels next year anyway.

If anything, she should have got an A+ if she's planning to take her A-levels next year. How did you come to the conclusion that GCSEs are easier? There are such thing as child prodigies that are in University at the age of 11.

i doubt she will score high at a level if she had a c at gcse.

gcse = learning how to use a calculator
a level = learn how to differentiate
When i was in gcse year the higher tier paper had a C grade pass of 14%. A* was 42%. derp
A C is equilivant to a Level 7. Most people Achive level 7 towards the end of year 9. A six year old would probably be in year 2. So that would make her at least 7 years ahead of the game, and mean she should be able to get an GCSE A* easily before she was 8.
I wonder how much pressure her parents put on her?

And she is now the most intelligent individual in Wolverhampton...
Well you only need 27% to get a C, at least that's what it is with edexcel... still, quite an effort for a 6 year old
Reply 17
legendary collison
i doubt she will score high at a level if she had a c at gcse.

gcse = learning how to use a calculator
a level = learn how to differentiate

That is what I said ... unless you're agreeing.
QuantumOverlord
A C is equilivant to a Level 7.

No it isn't.

QuantumOverlord
Most people Achive level 7 towards the end of year 9.

No they don't.
Reply 19
I don't get this, every year! It's not worth doing it early unless you get an A*. Pisses me off when you get these 5/6 year olds getting Cs and Ds and it's just pointless unless you get an A*...

Latest

Trending

Trending