The Student Room Group

River Island checkout problems?

I went to pay for my items..put my card details in etc and then i entered my bank of scotland secure password said my payment was processing, but then on the river island website it came up 'payment unable to process, try again later'. I phoned up the bank and they said that a pending transaction was on my account from river island, but the order didnt go through?

The bank said that if it came up that the order couldnt be processed the money shouldnt come out my account but just drop back into my balance. Has anyone else had problems paying for items from the website?
U will just have to wait and see what happens and whether the order does go through. Is there a number you can phone up for river island or something to speak to them.
Reply 2
Haven't had this with river island but it did happen the other day when I was topping up my old PAYG phone on Orange. The payment wasn't taken in the end.
I have been trying to buy a dress from the river island website for weeeeeks and it wont let me either.

:/
Reply 4
I just ordered a few pairs of new jeans and i didnt have any problems
Riverisland's online shop is a bit weird, last time I ordered clothes I had no trouble, but this time my shopping cart keeps restarting and going back to 0 items:frown:
Ring them up and place your order over the phone, I had problems with it yesterday aswell. The whole server was down it can be a pain!
Reply 7
FIRST AND LAST TIME I WILL EVER ORDER FROM RIVER ISLAND
I ordered some things from the River island that costed me about 200 euros. After waiting for about 1 and half week
to receive my parcel, I had received another person's parcel. It was also a river island parcel that was supposed to go
to the US but river island had made a mistake with mine and the other person's parcel. I immediately contacted river island
and they told me to sent the parcel to them as soon as possible back and also pay for its cost. Still now after 1 month
haven't received my money back, even though I have sent them several emails for needing my money back they still ask me
to sign papers to go through an 'investigation' and wait for 28 days, if until then i don't receive my money then I should contact them again.
The funny thing is I needed these items, because I had planned to attend an event, and I kindly asked them to either send me my money or my parcel back, but so far non of that has happened yet. Also a woman from the customer office told me they would send my money, but after 2 weeks they told me the same things all over again. I was forced to return the wrong parcel that was sent to me, I shouldn't have to wait over a month because of their own irresponsibility/ mistake. This is one the most disappointing orders I have ever had.

Quick Reply

Latest