The Student Room Group

What is the worst injury you've ever had?

Yeah, what's been the worst injury you've ever had.

Mine was when I was 13.

I - stupidly - decided to go out biking after a night of heavy rain, was going over the log across this 2 meter trench thing, my front wheel slipped off.
I landed first, breaking my leg and my wrist, then my bike, which had balanced on its side on the log fell off, landed on my chest and broke two of my ribs when the rear-mech hit me. Could've been worse if the main part of the bike had hit me.
I spent 4 days in hospital, but it was only breaks so they discharged me and I was stuck in the house for 4 months while I mended for 3 then the last I was just too stiff to move my leg. That was the longest 4 months, ever. -_-

So yeah, what's been your worst accident?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A broken heart :')

no I'm just joking...

When I use to skateboard, I slipped off a railing and my ankle (the actual) bone snapped through the skin/flesh. Pretty gnarly.
when i used to play football with boys, if i was in goal, i would always get the ball kicked into my stomach and it always made feel sick! i have also had a badminton racquet smashed into my lip and the inside of my lips meshed with my teeth.
Reply 3
Not an injury, or even real, but the worst pain of my life was in a dream where i got shot by a sawn off shotgun in my leg. True story. For some reason the dream didn't end until the agony reached top levels, and then i woke up feeling physically fine.
Reply 4
papercut
Broken arm.
jenny.chu
A broken heart :')

no I'm just joking...

When I use to skateboard, I slipped off a railing and my ankle (the actual) bone snapped through the skin/flesh. Pretty gnarly.

*cringe* How long did it take to heal.
I got into a fight and I got kicked in the face and had my lip ripped open..literally was seperated! Blood was evvvvverrrrrrrrywhere, I was drunk though so I didnt feel a thing.... 9 stiches put that right though. And not as extreme broke two fingers playing in goal when I was younger.
Reply 8
Well managed to put two rusty nails through my foot yesterday, so that's up there if only due to recent memory :wink:
Aside from that I've fallen and put a coat hanger through and out of my cheek when I was younger but never managed to actually break a bone yet despite the multiple close calls and accidents I put myself through :biggrin:
Reply 9
I got hit in the head with a metal bell when I was 8.

Serious.
I've stubbed my toe a few times.
Reply 11
Never broken a bone or had a really bad injury come to think of it. Just jinxed myself there.

The worst pain I've felt is when I was hospitalised and had to have a lumbar puncture, I got a headache everytime I sat up and I can honestly say it was excruciating-like my head was going to explode.
I fell out of a tree they day before starting primary six and broke my wrist. Also I fell off a scooter because this girl had unscrewed the handle bars so I went flying over it and it came with me and hit me on the back of the head. Oh and once I fell off my bike and got a rock-oki stone- stuck in my hand. That was pretty bad because it had to be pulled out. Hmm probably more :smile:
These are awful :zomg:

Hmm not that bad but I had a few teeth taken out at the dentist and at home I must have dislodged something in my mouth and it bled.... and bled.... and bled. Had to get my gums SEWN UP at 3am in A and E. That was pretty traumatic and I couldn't speak properly for a week afterwards :p:
I've not actually had a serious injury! Gosh, I would have thought that be pretty impossible seeing how clumsy I am.
Although I bent a bone once when I was really little and I had to have that in a cast.
Reply 15
I broke my arm at a birthday party falling off a wendy house, it broke in 3 places and was shaped like an S it was that broken. I did it the day before I was due to go to france so I had to have an emergency operation at 2am so I could go!
most painfull broken toe (I kid you not), most serious broken arm
Mr arm broke after a really bad rugby tackle. I didn't even realise it was broken until the end of the match but it hurt like hell. I went to the hospital and it started to heal ok but when I went to get my cast off they realised he healed abit dodgy, they broke it in place. most painful thing ever happen to me, worse than being kicked in the balls 100 times
Reply 18
damos92
Not an injury, or even real, but the worst pain of my life was in a dream where i got shot by a sawn off shotgun in my leg. True story. For some reason the dream didn't end until the agony reached top levels, and then i woke up feeling physically fine.

HAHA! That's odd! :p:

Have you ever had those horrible dreams where you're falling and as soon as you "hit the ground" you wake up? I hate those. -_-
My little sister is now conviniced, thanks to some kid at her school, (like year 2) that if you don't wake up, you're really dead. :p: Which is hard to prove wrong, so... :p:

Still, that's a pretty messed up dream. :biggrin:
Fragile_Illusions
I've not actually had a serious injury! Gosh, I would have thought that be pretty impossible seeing how clumsy I am.
Although I bent a bone once when I was really little and I had to have that in a cast.

thats pretty serious i would say

Quick Reply

Latest