The Student Room Group

Can someone please explain to me about resits & uni application

Hi all,

Id really like it if anyone here could clarify to me the following:

How do resits (resiting modules of a level courses) affect chances of getting into uni? (i know thats a very general question, as it depends on the uni and course applied for etc)

My original thoughts were as follows:

* resits are only an absolute no go for anyone applying for medicine or dentistry (ie unis dont accept ANY resits for entry to these courses)
* candidates who have did any resits are also not eligible for entry to Oxbridge
* some other prestigious unis other than oxbridge also look down on candidates who have did resits, with regards to entry. eg Eduinburgh, UCL

however, i thought that having done resits was generally acceptable, when applying to other unis/ other russel group unis

Am i correct in thinking the above?

One person told me, that for virtually every uni, if you have did ANY resits, you will be expected to get a grade higher than the offer specified by the uni. Is this true??

Can anyone please clarify to me how resits affect applying to uni

please note i have no intention of applying for medicine/law/dentistry etc

I would most likely be interested in science related/engineering courses for entry Sept 2011

I would be interested to know if Russell Group unis accept resits (quite a general question again, i know)

(i refer to resiting a level modules, NOT resiting a year of a levels)

Thanks

Your friend is wrong about the virtually every uni comment. If the uni has a policy on re-sits it will say on the website. Decide where you'd like to apply and check out if they have a policy :smile:.

Latest

Trending

Trending