The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
bwahahahahahaha it's not a british problem, they're all over the world.

look up "flaite" in google images..
Reply 61
No. Chavs don't need the acceptance of Middle class kids. Nor do they even want it. The reality is that most of these middle class kids would probably never say chav to one in the face.
Reply 62
Tefhel
It's mysterious how all these alleged academic pursuits you have didn't translate into exam success isn't it! :giggle: Your hobbies include taking meth round the side of Tescos and fathering illegitimate children more like.

Hmm I dont know whether you are still joking or trying to be a fickle little snob. If so, my grades this year were pretty decent but i was to busy taking meth and fathering illegitimate children last year to do well at AS so it brought my grades down. As for my academic pursuits, well I didnt take Philosophy and ethics and I wasnt aware of political theory so yes, they wouldnt have translated into exam success.

And lets just get one thing straight you up yourself little man, I have never taken meth around the side of Tesco's. What do you take me for, I'm always round the side of Mcdonalds taking crack, much classier.
Reply 63
rajandkwameali
Chav people are on the bottom of the rung, but since there is, always has been, and will be different personalities in the world, should we just cut them some slack and accept they exist?

I dislike, even despise, most chav-like people on sight, but I reckon that people will be people. I think most people here dislike chavs since it was/is chav-like people who harassed them/bullied them in school. The fact is in every society there are people who cause trouble or who make mischief. such is life.

Hate them with a passion, they're foul creatures. No, we shouldn't. Pity them, yes. But they are a menace to society and they shouldn't get away with it.
Reply 64
stargirl63
Different types of people believe in different things that are cool. Chavs for example, think that dropping out of school, having many different relationships (and then a pregnancy or abortion a lot of the time), smoking, drugs, intimidating people because it seems to be funny etc. They think this is cool, they get respect for this.

Nothing good comes off what they do. They have completely different priorities to others. For example, with regards to education. Chavs and their parents will say, if they fail an exam, it's the schools fault because they didn't teach them properly, and they don't take into account how many times the child disrupted the class or how many times they couldn't be arsed to do work. Other parents, if their child failed an exam, would firstly, not let it happen, and secondly, if it did, make sure that its retaken, the child revises etc. It's the same for sex ed. "My child got pregnant due to the lack of sex ed in school" ...Use a condom, it's not a difficult message. You see this a lot in Jeremy Kyle and all those other shows.

They tell us, those that try hard at school, and make something of ourselves the "stuck up boffins" or whatever....and we all know, that later on, we are the ones that are going to be supporting them as they take our tax on the dole.

We don't cut them slack, we get rid of them.

They are usually working class....Not just as a coincidence I don't think, I think it's more the way they are brought up, council house, as in their parents don't work, so no work ethic is instilled in them. A lot of them also have one parent, and usually no father figure to keep them on the straight and narrow. Because they have parents who they can't really look up to.

This 100%.
Reply 65
DPLSK
CHAVs - Council Housed And Violent

Nothing wrong with council houses, but I won't give anyone some slack if they're violent.

Enough said. :yep:

This, as long as they leave me alone I've got nothing against them. However if they're hanging around outside parks, bus stops or wherever else; and are screaming abuse at me without provocation - I will kindly wish that they die in a hole. :yep:
Stefan1991
Therefore people are bad people if they wear tracksuit bottoms and are lower class? That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard.

Tefhel
It's mysterious how all these alleged academic pursuits you have didn't translate into exam success isn't it! :giggle: Your hobbies include taking meth round the side of Tescos and fathering illegitimate children more like.

Most chavs don't think they are chavs. As can be seen by the "I wear Nike trackies but I'm definitely not a chav" comments people in this thread have made. And a 'higher class area' of Peckham or some other scummy area is still chavvy, so....

lol... You don't know who I am, or how I generally act/behave.

The points put forward to counter my arguments still are not very sound, and are based more on idealism and expecting all to be as you. What would, or should, be done to stop people being slackers, or not productive? It is a fact that there are always underclass elements in every society, or people who will not be upstanding. I'm awaiting another argument other than "they annoy me", or "they piss me off" or "they do bad things and are a nuisance".

Originally Posted by Stefan1991
what is the definition of a chav. I can't see how you say all chavs are bad unless there is something inherent in their nature to commit immoral acts. Is someone a chav merely because they have a "lower-class" accent, and wear tracksuit bottoms?

Yes.

lol.. this proves my point exactly. It's just human society.

Latest

Trending

Trending