The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nope - I really don't like it here. Australia is probably the dream, the beach lifestyle really appeals and I know my family will join me if possible with their immigration policy.

Or maybe Vancouver... or Berlin...
Reply 41
Probably look for work on the continent post-uni as the graduate economy is so bad here.
Definitely not. Hopefully I will be in Spain by 25.
Not a chance.
Definitely Australia, probably Sydney. I only spent 8 months there but it feels like home! Their immigration policy is annoyingly difficult but it will be worth it in the end - should hopefully get the visa in about 4 years time.
Well I just movewd here but I wouldn't mind marrying a Canadian :holmes:
i dont understand this 'grass is greener' mentality that i find so many people have. the grass is not greener. things will be basically the same*. you will be mainly living in a house on your little plot of land and going to work, the same as you would be in this country. (*appart from if you move for the weather, which i think is just pathetic.)

no i'll be staying in this country for life. (bar holidays)
That's the plan, yeah. But if things go terribly wrong here I might go back to China and teach English Only if things get very bad though. But then again, I might go back to China after I retire anyway.
Not a chance in hell.. one of the main reasons I'm going to Uni is to get a degree that will help me get out of this place..
Reply 49
I would love to live at like 50 different countires each for a year as a get older. Experience as much as possible. But London will always be home I think.
I'd like to finish my education here, spend my working life in America while taking holidays to Scandinavia and East Asia, and then come back to a nice part of England (Devon, Cornwall, Isle of Wight) for my retirement. :yep:

That's if nothing ****s up (as it's prone to do) along the way. :laugh:
Reply 51
I may move to continental europe somewhere maybe, Germany perhaps. I like the idea of having bilingual children.
Reply 52
I hope to get used to the japanese culture while i spend 4 months over there next year.

Then do uni over there.

Then live the rest of my days in japan.

And never return to this depressing land called england
Reply 53
WrigglyMammoth
why on earth would anyone want to conserve venomous snakes

the world would be marginally pleasanter with their demise

Because people pointlessly kill them. Everything deserves to be conserved especially things which have been in this world much longer than man. Also, it's useful to capture them to milk them to use the venom in anti-venom. (during this, most get GIS tagged and then followed to understand the animal, work out how to keep their habitats okay and if they migrate etc) - Also, find out about the genetic diversity of them, by creating a massive database and taking bloods.

- If you understand the animal, you are able to educate people on how to avoid / dealing with them.

Well no it wouldn't, It would be devastating.
Its very unlikely I am going to stay here in the country all my life, in fact I'm probably going to look into visas post uni life. I wonder how many here are just saying that they will leave and who can actually carry it out successfully.
I have no plan until I finish my studies. I'd definitely like to live in another country for a while (maybe 5 years) and then come back to the UK. But who knows. My Dad came to this country just to study and planned to just go back home. Thirty years later he's still here. So...we'll see.
I plan to leave for Australia as soon as I can.
I hate the weather and the politics in this country.
Australia has nice weather and I like the accent and my godmother lived there for 20 years and she loves telling us tales about it.
I should probably have better thought out plans and better reasons than this but I've set my heart on it now.
Every day I'm grateful that in the lottery of life I was born in England and I have no reason to want to leave.

Why do you think there are so many immigrants here, we have a great country and a great lifestyle. If people want to leave then fine, but England's my home and I wouldn't leave it.
Reply 58
I'm not from England but planning to move to London after I graduate then when I retire, have houses in a few countries and then just move between them every few months. :biggrin:
I'd like to try out America. And probably Ireland for a little while. No desire to move to somewhere like Spain or Germany.

Latest

Trending

Trending